Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oxy Clean gave my daughter blisters :(

I can't beleive it. I read some where to use this on diapers to keep them clean and it ended up giving my daughter blisters(yes, on her vagina)
I feel so bad.
I was using it almost every time I washed diapers because we had such a stink problem and it really seemed to control it.
And it also dawned on me this morning that my son had an infection which he ended up neededing topical medication for.
Sometimes I just want to kick myself.

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 AM   #2
gmeneely
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Oxy Clean gave my daughter blisters :(

That makes no sense. Oxy Clean is water soluable oxygen peroxide. If there are blisters on her labia , I would see a physician about diaper rash. Either she can't take your detergent, has heat rash or needs changed more often but it certainly cannot scientifically be the Oxy Clean.
gmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:27 AM   #3
handmac
Registered Users

Hi Bridy,

That's too bad. I've used oxy free (or nature clean oxy bleach) for a little over a year with no issues.

But once I tried using a "greener" detergent rather than my usual PC Green Cold Water and we were in rash city with the first diaper.
handmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeneely View Post
That makes no sense. Oxy Clean is water soluable oxygen peroxide. If there are blisters on her labia , I would see a physician about diaper rash. Either she can't take your detergent, has heat rash or needs changed more often but it certainly cannot scientifically be the Oxy Clean.

I did take her to the Dr. She had 2 blisters for over a week that were just not going away. I took her to the Dr's on friday and the Dr. decided not to treat her as she felt they were healing(finaly)
I regretfully bought a bag of disposable diapers and her rash was pretty much almost gone withing 24 hours.

I was thinking Heat rash too but the Dr. never suggested that. She has been back in cloth since yesterday and I stripped the diapers really good. I thought for sure it had to be the oxy clean since it basicaly acts like a bleach.

I am going to switch to sunlight sensative (is this a good one?) to see if it comes back.
I can't get Allen's here. Does anyone know of a Canadian store that sells it?
Old 06-16-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmac View Post
Hi Bridy,

That's too bad. I've used oxy free (or nature clean oxy bleach) for a little over a year with no issues.

But once I tried using a "greener" detergent rather than my usual PC Green Cold Water and we were in rash city with the first diaper.
Thats the funny thing. I was using tide for years and never had an issue. I also switched to Norwex over a month ago. Things were going well so I assumed it was the Oxy Clean.
I am stumped.
I still have Tide but it seems to give me such nasty build up issues which is wht I stopped using it.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
handmac
Registered Users

Hi,

Do you have a superstore or other incarnation of loblaws near by? I swear by the PC Green cold water detergent. It is Dye free, scent free, no optical brighteners and no enzymes, to top it off: reasonably priced. (in the maritimes it is $7.99). I've been using it for +1yr on FB, BG, PF's and BSWW and have not had an issue. It is in with the regular laundry soap.
handmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes, I have many Super Stores around!
no stink issues with a front loader?
thats my major issue right now and why I tried switching soaps.

Thank goodness my daughter is closer to potty training then not. I have no idea why I am having these issues now after all these years.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
kello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First of all, I just had to say that my daughter's name is very close to yours (bridie) and you are the only other person I know of with that name! Secondly, I wonder if that is what happened to my ds? I just took him to the docs on saturday for blistery type bumps on his bottom. She said it looked bacterial and gave me a script for a topical cream to treat it. The rash is definitely clearing up but it is no fun having to put 2 different creams on his bottom every time I change him.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #9
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kello View Post
First of all, I just had to say that my daughter's name is very close to yours (bridie) and you are the only other person I know of with that name! Secondly, I wonder if that is what happened to my ds? I just took him to the docs on saturday for blistery type bumps on his bottom. She said it looked bacterial and gave me a script for a topical cream to treat it. The rash is definitely clearing up but it is no fun having to put 2 different creams on his bottom every time I change him.

Hey! Bridie is my name!!
That is so cool that you named your duaghter that. How did you ever come to decide on the name?
My Mom decided to spell it with a "Y" on the end so I get the "I" pronounced wrong every time. I am glad you spelt your daughters name right! lol she wont go through life correcting people like I do.

Were you using Oxyclean as well?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
spiritbear_momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

we have never used oxy clean, but have had similiar blister type rash by using arm&hammer brand washing soda, also used to help control smell,,,so we thought,,,,how ever made worse when use too much or not enough,,,will have to try oxy clean, as baking soda needs to be sold mega mega size, as only other thing we have tried to control odour. we also have front loader machine,
spiritbear_momma is offline   Reply With Quote