Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #11
spiritbear_momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Oxy Clean gave my daughter blisters :(

oh yes side note, when we had bumps we used over the counter cream called NYASTATIN,,,or nilstat,,,,cheap $3 per 100g or larger tube, less money then prescription also helps to clear up any yeast/thrush type rash or help ease breast pain on momma during thrush while nursing. sorry just a note to help keep costs down, when lil rashes appear on bottoms.

Advertisement

spiritbear_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #12
kello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL! I chose my daughter's name because my grandma's name was Bridget, but I don't really care for Bridget and my mom told me that she mostly went by Bridy so Bridie it was. She died when my mom was only 14 so I never knew her. Anyway, yes, I had just started using a generic oxiclean to soak my diapers in because the smell is just so bad! oh well, i guess we will never know for sure. there are just so many variables that it is hard to point the finger at any one thing. hope your dd feels better soon
Old 06-17-2008, 02:06 AM   #13
gmeneely
Registered Users

My Mood:

You could also try Charlie's Saop. I get it from www.cheekymonkey.ca and it's 19.99 for a small bag whick says it does 80 loads but I use 3/4 of a scoop when it calls for 1 scoop for HE washers and it works so well. I use it for diapers and both kid's clothes without fabric softener becasue I don't need it for softening! Give it a try - I don't know why I didn't use it sooner!
I hope the rash takes off for you. I know I tried different brands of cloth diapers one time to try and get rid of a rash as our last resort and it ended up being the answer for us. I think you're on the ball with switching soaps. Try using less soap and make sure it's a hot wash and double rinse.
gmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:23 AM   #14
handmac
Registered Users

Hi,

re: PC Green, I use a front loader and have not had issues with stink

Cold rinse cycle (or short cycle if there were a lot of poops), then the Extra dirty cycle hot wash/cold rinse.

We live in the city and our water is hard (spots on dishes, build up in shower if you don't squeegee it.)

Hope that helps.
handmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #15
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, I was using oxyclean as well and she now as a blistery rash. Started while we were away and I can't get rid of it! Hmmm. might try to strip and not use oxyclean to see if that helps. I feel horrible that she has these blisters!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #16
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thats 3 of us now with the Oxy Clean issue?

I did a horrbile thing and just threw all the diapers in a hot wash with a tiny bit of bleach. Boy are they CLEAN! no stink issues now for a while anyway, lol

I usualy always do a cold soak, hot wash on heavey soiled setting, 2 extra rinses.
I did a load tonight and just went back to the Ecos I was using.
I might get some of that PC soap when this Ecos is all gone and see how it works.

I live in the City too, and also have hard water.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #17
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How do you find ECOS, I just started using it for diapers and am getting worried about it... Our rash started on our way back from vacation with sposies so I figured that was why and figured it would go away with diapers, but NO!

I've done the bleach thing too. I had a HUGE stink that was only in a few specific diapers/ inserts and NOTHING was getting it out. So I put just the smelly ones in with a very small amount of bleach and voila! stink gone and it hasn't come back!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #18
cearanskylar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD had burns on her bum from Oxy Baby. It was about 2 weeks ago now and there is still 1 really deep burn still healing.

I had to adjust my laundry routine but have not had any issues since.

I use Soapnuts and Country Save (london drugs - 40-80 loads for $8) on my diapers and when I do strip every other week I use Oxy in the soak and vinegar in the rinse (yes even on my PUL) and then do a full wash cycle with nothing added at all and my diapers have never been nicer.

I am going to start trying baking soda in the wash and the vinegar in the rinse seems every that does this says it great for the smell.

I have heard of alot of people that have had problems with Charlie's causing rashs.

I have found Bo Bebe CD detergent was horrible for residue.
Claudia's Choice is supposed to be excellent - trying to run out of bo bebe (only use on clothes now) before trying.
Ecos Free - I had the Ecos magnolia and lily but haven't found the free yet.

PS - I use gDiapers (w/prefolds), thirsties covers, BG 3.0, premium prefolds.
Hoping for #3 in next year or 2 and a VBA2C
Owner/Mod - Calgary Cloth Diaper Addicts (for all alberta) (click on title for link)(
cearanskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #19
krickison
Registered Users
seller

I just used Oxy for the first time on DD dipes, I hope we dont have any problems. I usualy use borax in the cold soak and tide free for the wash but decided to try some oxy. I put it in with the tide so hopefully we dont have a problem. I will let you know after DD wears one of those diapers. Its nice to have a heads up tho just in case. I hope your DD is feeling better soon.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #20
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kelly- I like the name Bridget. It was a big consideration for Carissa when I was pg with her. But DH really wanted Carissa, so I let him name her.
I bet you get a lot of of questions about your daughters name!

Lauren- I find the ecos works very well for us. I have huge stink issues with everything! But it is in combination of my daughter having very consintrated urine since she doesn't drink very much and a front loader.
But we have never had a rash till I started using the Oxy Clean.
I do think I was going over board on it and maybe if I only used it once in a while in place of bleach she would be okay.