Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
nellisfamily02
Registered Users
seller

TTC a boy

My DH finally agreed to have another baby. I am getting started on this right away before he changes his mind. LOL!

He said I need to figure out how to have a boy. I just assume have another girl, but he would really like a boy.

So is there anything you did that you thought worked to gave you a boy? I know it is just the luck of the draw, but I can at least humor him.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Sandy, Momma to Oakleigh (9) and Olivia (6) & Onnalee (2) Old DS Feedback
nellisfamily02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC a boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellisfamily02 View Post
My DH finally agreed to have another baby. I am getting started on this right away before he changes his mind. LOL!

He said I need to figure out how to have a boy. I just assume have another girl, but he would really like a boy.

So is there anything you did that you thought worked to gave you a boy? I know it is just the luck of the draw, but I can at least humor him.

Thanks!

well, you need to do some monitoring of your cycle if you want the best chances. You need to figure out exactly when you ovulate.

It is like this, girl sperm are slow but live longer, boy sperm are fast, but die fast. So to have a girl you would want to have sex several days away from when you ovulate (2days or so) to give the boys a chance to fade out and the girls will keep swimming. To have a boy you need to have sex right before you ovulate, which requires timing, and the fast boy swimmers will swim right up there to get the egg.

My sister did some looking online and most women ovulate on day 14, so she had sex that day and ended up with a boy. But, if you are not sure that is when you ovulate you might end up with another girl. that is why I say you might need to take your temp and chart.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
nellisfamily02
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I just signed up for the Fertility Friend to help me chart my cycle. I have never done this before, but I am going to give it a shot.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdlane View Post
well, you need to do some monitoring of your cycle if you want the best chances. You need to figure out exactly when you ovulate.

It is like this, girl sperm are slow but live longer, boy sperm are fast, but die fast. So to have a girl you would want to have sex several days away from when you ovulate (2days or so) to give the boys a chance to fade out and the girls will keep swimming. To have a boy you need to have sex right before you ovulate, which requires timing, and the fast boy swimmers will swim right up there to get the egg.

My sister did some looking online and most women ovulate on day 14, so she had sex that day and ended up with a boy. But, if you are not sure that is when you ovulate you might end up with another girl. that is why I say you might need to take your temp and chart.
What she said! From what I've heard, it's easier to 'try for a boy' than to 'try for a girl'. We've never really 'tried for a baby' so I wouldn't know! Good luck!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
mommyto2presidents
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did the fertility friend for charting a few months beforehand and followed their instructions. Our baby this time was a BOY! Not sure if itwas dumb luck or just good note-keeping on my part. Just do the best you can and tell your husband you tried, no matter what the outcome, I'm sure he'll be thrilled!! Good luck and enjoy the process!!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #6
flutist
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well if there was a way I may have tried it, cuz my dh wants a boy now. But unfotunately it is the luck of the draw!! So we'll take what we get, a happy healthy baby.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #7
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have some fun with this! (Besides what everybody else has said, which is the most likely and only thing with at least a little bit of research behind it). Definitely do that - but also make something up that will be fun for you LOL He may not buy it for long - but it could be fun while it lasts.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, we've done it every other way possible, for a boy, for a girl, for whatever...you name it. We have 3 girls
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
nellisfamily02
Registered Users
seller

I told him some ideas. We tried them...I personally want another girl...but we will see. LOL!!!

Old 10-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I read the book by Shettles. It says what the pp,s mentioned, AND that the environment of a woman's vagina/insides can influence gender. x sperm are supposedly able to withstand acidic conditions better than y carriers. Douching with a baking soda solution used to be recommended in trying for a boy, but in the later edition of the book, they said not to do this bc it could prevent conceiving either gender.
Having your dh drink caffeine 1/2 hour or so before ttc is also supposed to help "boys". Don't know if any of this works...I thought I was carefully timing for ovulation just to give us the best odds of conceiving, and we have 2 girls. My dh really wants a boy, too, so I'll be watching this, but I really think it's all about what God wants you to have.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote