Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
hillybean
Registered Users

My Mood:
Has anyone ever tried...

Kindermusik??

I'm interested in finding some type of music based class/playtime for my dd...she's only 4 months old, but she LOVES music! We have to sit in the front row at church so she can watch the church band play, and when they stop, she starts to fuss!

Just curious if any other mamas have experience with Kindermusik, or any other music programs.

FYI, they have a website at www.kindermusik.com if you are not familiar

Advertisement

Hi! I'm Hillary, mama to two beautiful girlies, Avery Lauren 2/15/08, and Carleigh Louise 8/16/10, and wifey to Trav the eternal romantic "There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going" ~Willy Wonka
hillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Beebug123
Registered Users

Re: Has anyone ever tried...

I took my older DD to Kindermusik when she was a baby. She loved it! Plus I love how you get a CD, book, and some sort of manipualtive with each class you take.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
hillybean
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebug123 View Post
I took my older DD to Kindermusik when she was a baby. She loved it! Plus I love how you get a CD, book, and some sort of manipualtive with each class you take.
Interesting...do you sign on a class by class basis? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how was it in the range of $$?

I looked at the website briefly and it seems you can sign up to attend one class for free. Thanks for the info mama!
Hi! I'm Hillary, mama to two beautiful girlies, Avery Lauren 2/15/08, and Carleigh Louise 8/16/10, and wifey to Trav the eternal romantic "There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going" ~Willy Wonka
hillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
mamacake
Registered Users
seller

We did the free trial for kindermusik when DD was about 6 months old and we liked it...she seemed to really enjoy it (as much as you can tell that a six month old likes something . I think it's a nice class to do before they start really moving a lot- now we're in gymboree because she just wants to crawl and stand all the time.
It is pricey though-- like maybe $120 for 8 sessions?? (i cant remember exactly though so dont quote me on that one That's why we didn't sign up for it-- we just did a cheaper class thru the parks and rec department. Gymboree is pricey too but at least I feel I am paying for all the different play equipment and we can go in and play at the free play sessions there each week- with the kindermusik it seemed like a lot to pay for just music. But a pp mentioned that you get books and such so maybe you get more than just classes...and we did like the class- so go try it out and let us know what you think!
mamacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
Beebug123
Registered Users

Oh we did 2 summer sessions so they were shorter than the reg ones. But I remember paying like $80 maybe for 6 weeks?? I did the free class as well. When we did it there were very few places I could go for Kindermusik but now several of the cities near us offer it through their rec center programs.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my friend use to take her (now 5yr old) in GA, and another friend teaches it there. DS1 wasnt old enough when we left for us to try it out. ANd Im to cheap to try it out around here
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #7
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

I was just looking into this to get my DD involved in something, as we have VERY few options in this area. But we missed the sign up for summer classes.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #8
LsMama
Registered Users

Here you can sign up even into the semester. They pro-rate the cost. DD & I did this and may sign up for the end of summer to do it again. The studio here is really cute and I ordered her all the instruments we used there and we like to play our instruments at home too. The scarf is also a must have for babies!!
LsMama is offline   Reply With Quote