Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #41
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: OFFICIAL "I CAN'T STAY LOGGED IN" POST...check post #32 for promising solution!

Do you have IE? Maybe try using IE just to see if its actually a browser issue for you, or something to do with your computer/browsers.

Advertisement

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:38 AM   #42
TKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OFFICIAL "I CAN'T STAY LOGGED IN" POST...check post #32 for promising solution!

I tried using IE, no luck. I'm just thinking there must be something else going on, because at other sites my username and password are remembered - so it has something to do with my computer/browser and this site specifically. Though I have no idea why!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:42 AM   #43
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yeah...its definately is a combo.....its storing info from DS somehow.

Curious....did you just try using IE to login? Or did you try the steps mentioned before for fixing it in IE (cookies/history/cache, security, close browsers, etc)?

I'm wondering, if you try the steps to fix it using IE, maybe the changes it makes with the computer will affect using Firefox? Might be worth a shot....

Old 09-29-2006, 12:53 AM   #44
TKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I could try that - tomorrow, because I need to go to bed now!

But I did an experiment, and I have to retract that this is the ONLY site where I have a problem - because I tried it at MDC, and it won't remember me there, either. Does that make any sense to you??
Old 09-29-2006, 01:26 AM   #45
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDMama View Post
I could try that - tomorrow, because I need to go to bed now!

But I did an experiment, and I have to retract that this is the ONLY site where I have a problem - because I tried it at MDC, and it won't remember me there, either. Does that make any sense to you??
Yes, that makes perfect sense....MDC just did the same upgrade a week or two ago

Old 09-29-2006, 01:36 AM   #46
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Here's another suggestion....in Firefox under Tools, try "Clear Private Data" and make sure everything is clicked.....well, maybe not passwords....I think I'd be lost if I cleared all my saved passwords I'm thinking be sure that second to last option is checked, Authenticated Sessions.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #47
TKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just checked out what cookies are on my computer, and the only one still there after clearing them is one from diaperswappers. It's still there after I log out. Could this be causing any problems?

I was reading in the Help section that in order for a site to permanently remember you, the cookies have to remain stored on the computer, but that doesn't seem to be working, since obviously there's still a cookie on the computer. This is all mind boggling to me!!
Old 09-29-2006, 07:25 AM   #48
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Its probably an old cookie being stored....can't be read, but since its there, a new one can't be saved. Go ahead and delete it (make sure you aren't on DS, or your browsers are already closed), and try again. Maybe the delete cookies thing isn't getting them all?

Old 09-29-2006, 08:22 AM   #49
fifi's mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have problem with MDC or HCforum, and I've done all the above, I still have to log in every time I go to DS
Old 09-29-2006, 08:53 AM   #50
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi's mom View Post
I don't have problem with MDC or HCforum, and I've done all the above, I still have to log in every time I go to DS
Which browser are you using?