Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2006, 09:29 AM   #11
tanyaandallie
Registered Users

Re: When #2 (or more arrived), was CDing overwhelming?

My 2 are 22 mos apart. I admit that I was overwhelmed cd 2. I ended up using mostly sposies in the begining with some cloth on occassion even though I had a great newborn stash! Of course, I had many crazy things going on in my life when ds born, including moving so that made things even more difficult. I guess I went in phases. I would cd a few days, then sposies a few days. Once he was about 4 or 5 mos and Allie was pretty much pt when went back to cd full time.

Advertisement

old ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=5132.0
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #12
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Hi. I just had my little guy 10 weeks ago. He and Bailey are 16 months apart exactly so needless to say there are two in dipes and there will be for awhile. To be completely honest I recommend getting maybe just one pack of sposies if you can or want to. They really helped on the days when I was really overwhelmed. I used them on the baby for nighttime and such. And if I just couldn't swing it that day. Now we are fulltime cloth for both and it's not hard at all... just in the beginning when things are overwhelming, I think it was best to not have to worry about cding two... kwim?
Good luck and don't worry about it, it will be second nature after awhile.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:01 AM   #13
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

My kids are 16 months apart too. Now they are both in cloth full time and it's not hard.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #14
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

The reason I thought 2 in sposies were bad was because of $$...Easily $100 in diapers every month.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #15
crystal

I have 3 in cloth. My almost3 yr old twins and our 4 month DD. it isnt too bad. The older 2 let me know when they need a change!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #16
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I never cd'd my first (I had no idea about how fun and easy it was!) because I thought that you had to do a diaper service and only heard bad things about them. Now with my 2 dd (6 1/2 mo) I started cd'ing at about 3 1/2 months. I love it. My girls are 3 years apart and I don't find it hard at all.

Actually, when it comes to laundry, I can get kinda lazy. DH said that he thought that I would not want to wash them and get sick of the whole thing. Well, here I am, washing, cd'ing and sewing them so wasn't he wrong. I feel that if I could do, anyone can

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #17
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

It was overwhelming for me. Baby #2 was almost 2.5 years old when baby #3 came and I couldn't keep up. I had her in disposables and the baby in cloth. She ended up potty-learning when the baby was 3 months old, so after that, it was a non-issue. I hope I can keep it up with baby #3 when baby #4 arrives!
Old 05-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #18
ttatink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I'm going to have 3 in cloth come September! Honestly, I've found it's easier with both girls in cloth. I wash every morning which is easier for me because it cuts down on the number of diapers to stuff at once. I did stop CD for a little while when our house went on the market in October but it didn't take long to get sick of sposies! I just figured out a good routine that worked for me, which was to wash in the morning, dry, then stuff during nap time. My girls are 12 months apart too and #3 will be 12 months younger than #2 so I'll have 3 in cloth for a while yet most likely. It's really not bad once you get used to it. In fact, I didn't CD #2 at first and now I'm so used to it I'll be CD #3 from the time we get home from the hospital.
ttatink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #19
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to say with Aidans arrival coming closer Im a little worried about this too. Im washing every 2 days only b/c the pail is full. I have plenty of dipes to make it past 2 days. But now I will have 2 to change and cd. Im wondering how my laundry routine is gonna change.