Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
FUN & MENTAL are Fundamental
My Mood:
how can i....

ok, not sure this is really solids, but not FF or bf lol so i figured this would be maybe kinda the most apropriate place to put it??

so my twins are almost 11 months old and still breastfed. they have been having some small things for a couple months now. they love real solids and don't do purees and i'm starting to do meals. but my problem is with cups. they had bottles until they were 2 months old and that was almost ebm but sometimes formula,. since then it's been all boob all the time they really don't seem to 'get' the sippy cups. they have the ones with soft spouts. ds1 was pretty hard headed with them too. i don't think he really figured it out until we tried straws then he started to get it.

so does anyone have any advice on starting cups. straw or sippy.. i see no point in buying bottles but with them coming up on a year here soon, i would like to have them able to drink things other than bm and eat thier little meals so that they don't *have* to be with me to nurse. we will still be nursing, but i want to be able to leave them if need be. since they don't take cups or bottles right now (oh yea, they refuse bottles too) i can't leave them for anything .. not that i have anywhere to go without them lol. but any stories or advice or btdt would be great

Tabatha-proud wife to Steven(5/21/05), proud mama to: Conner (10/22/05) & miracle momo's Mason & Haden (7/22/07 33 weekers)
*no internet access at home. working to clear out my PM's and then will be messaging mama's to whom i owe*
lovemy3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Domino Pads
Registered Users
Re: how can i....

I switched DS to bottles with sports tops after a friend of mine who is a speech therapist told me the sippy cup spouts are all wrong for facial muscle development.
It's not like he was hanging on the sippy all day so it probably would have been fine but I do like our Sigg bottles with the active sports tops.

PS: DS never took bottles either and at 2 is still nursing pretty frequently even through my pregnancy...

Domino Pads - We are the TOP RATED Cloth Pad on The Diaperpin
Handdyed or Natural - Petite, Regular & Plus Size - use Coupon DSCode for 5% OFF
Domino Pads -The Perfect Pad for Your Period, Pregnancy & Postpartum
Domino Pads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: how can i....

DD wont take bottles either and she just started taking a sippy about a month ago. She saw her cousin use his and she took it away and started drinking. We had tried 3 or 4 differant cups at that point. We are using the avent sippy cup, you can get a trainer cup that has a softer spout, and then buy new spouts for a hard spout. Like the pp said, sippys can cause speach problems, but I dont think if they arent using it all day it will be a problem. As for what to put in them, if they are anything like my DD they wont take formula or BM from the sippy. Good Luck mama, its a challange.
Married to my Best Friend Trent Mom to Keltie 08/10/07 and Taylor 05/09/10
krickison is offline   Reply With Quote