Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #11
Re: Help-extreme pain

Oh, I wish I could Sally. DH is gone and all the kids are up. My Mom is coming over in about an hour, so I'm just gritting my teeth until then.

tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
My Mood:

It sounds like mastitis to me too. I had the same symptoms when I had mastitis. Do you see any red splotches on your breast?
smilnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

if you can't do a shower take a hot washclot and put it on your breast. if it is a clogged milk duct, that will help loosen it up.

do you have any swollen lymph nodes in your armpit or in your neck on the right side?
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

ouch mama! sounds like a breast infection. GET SOME REST ASAP! if you can't, get some help so you can crawl into bed. you can have an infection without having a fever and believe me, you want to nip this in the bud! Rest, rest, rest, and apply moist heat for 5-10min prior to nursing. Nurse every two hours on that side (pump the other side if you have to). just take a diaper (cloth or sposie), soak in water and wring out, heat in microwave for 30 secs or so and apply to breast. if it doesn't clear up in two/three days, see your pediatrician/LC - you may need antibiotics. homeopathics (belladonna 30c every 2-3h) work great too (better IMO). GL!
mama of Jack and Leny
when i should be
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote