Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry Changing Pedi's, AGAIN!!!

Took Dakotah in for her 12 month check up (no shots until I can research further), the doc asks me if I'm still breastfeeding, I say of course, she looks at me, seriously, with this huge eyed shocked look on her face and says, oh you need to wean, NOW!! I was in shock!!!! Not only, that, she's been on my butt about giving her vitamins, which I don't and won't, and we just had a nutritional work up done and lead test, everything is perfect, so you would think that would shut her up, NOPE! Then she glances at the chart and says, why does it say no shots here....and looks at me like I'm an idiot, I said, I want to research them further before I just allow ya'll to inject my child with it. Anyway, she's really angered me and I refused to step foot in her office again, sad too because I really really liked her staff. Anyway here are her actual stats

22lbs, 9 oz
and 32" tall, 70th% for weight and 99th% for height, based on the growth chart, since she was 10 lbs @ birth, she should have been 30 lbs by now!! But since she is breastfed and has gained 11" in height since birth, she gains weight differently.

Advertisement

Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Changing Pedi's, AGAIN!!!

Oh that is what I have been scared of and never took Nate to his 2 year check up in April! I have since found a doc that is actually in our church that is natural minded and will not be forcing vax's and unnecessary things for our children so I am excited to see him in office!

Ya, it's non of her business if you are still BFing or if you are wanting to make an educated decison on where you vax or not! I would have been steaming mad and probably stormed out of there! Man, I am mad for ya mama!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
mama23boys
Banned
seller

i am scared to death of joes 9mon appt for this same reason. he STILL isnt eating solids (no big deal to me bc he seems ok) and i am not doing vitiamans, as for vaxing i am not totally sure yet (he's current). from her3 on out i prob selectively vax!

its too bad that your ped was like that!! i would of been MAD also.....her stats look great! and if you go by the WHO chart for BF babies there is NOT a thing wrong with her!!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

wow. I ped who said you had to wean now? Obviously completely uneducated. I wouldn't trust my daughter or son with her as far as i could throw her... or whatever that saying is.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most doctors are well, morons. This is why i Don't bring my daughter to see them. lol

Seriously, I don't know where most of them them get the Diplomas, Cracker jack box rings a bell. lol

That doctor acted like you were poisoning your child by BF'ing a whole year! What is wrong with you?! lol I just don't understand it. So if they believe in formula over breastfeeding, Okay i guess, but They gotta have one or the other for ATLEAST a year.. Are there people out there that still believe BF'ing is only for tiny little babies? Newborns and no one else?

And Don't EVEN get me started on Vaccinations. lol I fired a number of PEDs for the same reasons.. (oh and turned one into the medical board. lol)
I hate doctors.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Poor you! It sucks when you have to find a new Ped! We've been through 3 or 4 this year (partly due to moving). But, good that you stuck up for yourself and DD. Honestly, even the AAP encourages BF to 2 years old. I mean, it's not like it's 'alternative' or even 'crunchy' at this point! So your doc needs the boot! We delay vax (which for now means no more until 2 years old) and even our more 'aggressive' docs have been ok with that. Well, there was one we saw once that made me feel like sh** about it, but we never went there again. Anyways, it's your kiddo!

Good luck finding a new one, they are out there it just takes time!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:33 AM   #7
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know, I did turn one doc in, the one who delivered my daughter, she was completely negligent (not to mention, when I was pushing, they called her, she came in and said in a really nasty voice to the nurse, "Well, my daughter thanks you, she was in her piano lesson!" as if me having a baby had interrupted her life!!!) I did end up with a c-section, 3rd degree, episiotomy, torn urethra (all which could have been prevented had she checked the size of my baby, the csection doctor knew by feeling my belly that my daughter was 10 lbs, my doc actually argued with him saying noway, only 8lbs.) and my daughter ended up with a lacerated eyebrow from the forceps and a cephalhematoma from the vaccum which has calcified and her head is permanently deformed. Anyway, she is under investigation by the Texas Medical Board for what she did...Lesson learned, NEVER GO TO A FAMILY PRAC TO DELIVER MY BABY!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:38 AM   #8
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

there's a lot more to that story too but it's long and drawn out, basically, I was released not even a full 2days after my c-section and my daughter, even though we fought against it, was taken to San Antonio, I was NOT allowed to go with her, so we had to follow the ambulance (rough ride with just having major surgery and stitches down there) the pumped her full of unneccessary antibiotics and I had no say in anything!!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Have you thought about trying a family practice doctor instead of a pedi?
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:32 AM   #10
ecomama7
Registered Users
seller

Isn't it scary to think that such mis-informed people are in positions to try and tell others how they should raise their children, what they should feed them, etc.?! That's why we don't do well-visits AT ALL. When dd was a babe we were seeing a pedi. But when it came time for her shots and we told them that we decided not to vax, he said that we'd have to go find another pedi then. SO, we said FINE and never found another one. I don't see much point in it. I know my child better than anyone and I like to go by the saying "If it's not broke, why fix it?"
ecomama7 is offline   Reply With Quote