Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
jayamy
Registered Users
seller

Butterflies and Fairies Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter will be turning 5 this September and she really wants a butterfly fairy party. We have always done big parties and now that she is 5, probably even bigger. I am in desperate need of ideas - I am trying to figure out everything from invitations to decorations and gift bags.

PS. she really wants to catch butterflies at her party - I have no earthly idea on how to accomplish that one.

Advertisement

Last edited by jayamy; 06-18-2008 at 10:06 PM.
jayamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
jayamy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Butterfly Fairy Birthday Party Ideas

anyone?

Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
medaroge
Registered Users
seller

I'm not so sure what a Butterfly Fairy is..... Is it a Butterfly Fairy one character, or is it a Butterflies and Fairys party? lol. I have tons of Fairy party ideas, but not really butterflies.
medaroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
jayamy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by medaroge View Post
I'm not so sure what a Butterfly Fairy is..... Is it a Butterfly Fairy one character, or is it a Butterflies and Fairys party? lol. I have tons of Fairy party ideas, but not really butterflies.
yep, that's exactly what she wants butterflies and fairies. I just changed the title - let me hear the fairies ideas

Old 06-19-2008, 03:52 AM   #5
LilyGrace
Registered Users

Re: Butterflies and Fairies Birthday Party Ideas

I don't know if you've ever seen this site - The Toymaker - but they have some absolutely gorgeous ideas for paper toys, bags, boxes...all you have to do is print and cut.

For party favors, what about books? BAMM is having a really great sale right now and they have Flower Faires of the Trees for just $1, or the kids can make fairy dust and a wand and take it home.

Instead of a cake, you could do fairy food - petit fours, tiny sandwiches, small fruit cups, and fizzy punch....

Games - using the toymaker site, print out penny butterflies and have them race with it balanced on one finger.

That's all I've got. Having boys doesn't do much for my imagination in this dept.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #6
merandus
www.hyenacart.com/mainstreet
seller

My Mood:

this might be cheesy, but you could make sugar cookies in the shape of butterflies and let the kids decorate them. i know my friend did that on halloween one year ( but with pumpkin cookies) and it was a super hit!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
dzine21
Registered Users
seller

Have the girls make their own fairy wing when they arrive. Buy some cheap ones at a dollar store and then have paint and stickers for them to attach. Or let them make tiaras with those mini, itty bitty roses you can get at walmart or JoAnn's in the wedding isle. You can use wire coat hangers and have the circles premade and wrapped with ribbon. They could just attch the little flowers and some flowing ribbons.

Do you have a Zoo or a butterfly garden near your house? You could visit there. You could always teach the children that catching the beautiful butterflies isn't the most practical idea because some are endangered.

Pick up some butterfly nets or fishing nets at the store and make some tissue paper butterflies. They could play a game where some throw them up in the air and the others catch them.

Invites would be cute to have catapilers (sp) on them.

cupcakes would make a good alternative to a full cake.
dzine21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 AM   #8
Leximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm doing a ladybug party for my dd (she's 3 today ) next week and I got a lot of stuff from oriental trading co and I googled like heck to find out what other people did for ladybug themed parties from the invites, to the games and the cake too.

And actually one of the activities I found and wanted to do was catching ladybugs. You are supposed to get a 1,500 ladybug filled bag from a nursery around you, let them go and let the kids catch one in a baby food jar with holes and then the kids can let them go the next morning.

I'm not sure if you can do that with butterflies though. They seem more fragile or something.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
joyfulsoul
Happy Squeal Creations
seller

My Mood:

I think tiny fairy food would be super cute. HERE is a cookbook by american girls that has lots of good ideas.

Instead of catching butterflies, maybe you could do a scavenger hunt for little (dollar store?) butterfly and fairy figurines. (that can also be the party treat)

Have fun!
joyfulsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #10
merandus
www.hyenacart.com/mainstreet
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulsoul View Post
I think tiny fairy food would be super cute. HERE is a cookbook by american girls that has lots of good ideas.

Instead of catching butterflies, maybe you could do a scavenger hunt for little (dollar store?) butterfly and fairy figurines. (that can also be the party treat)

Have fun!
i like that idea!