Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: my baby hates formula- HELP!!!!!!!

I agree with others who say to try different bottles or formulas. Also try holding your baby in front of you on your lap to distance the smell of breastmilk. When my boys weened I would mix the formula and breastmilk to ease the transition and they've done wonderful. Your baby will eventually drink the formula, it's just an adjustment (although it's a lot harder when you're going through it). Whether you wean or not, give the switch time and you'll do great. Have a great honeymoon!

jnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by Shawna View Post
I know my dd would never take a bottle if it was offered by me... but would so if it was someone else. Have you tried having someone else feed him?
this was going to be my suggestion. a lot of times, they won't even take it if you are in the room cause they can smell you. hth.
megpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
My Mood:

I haven't read the other replies yet, but I'm sure you've been told to try different bottles & different formula. The only thing I have to add is that you could try goat's milk. I have known a couple babies who were raised completely on goat's milk. I even knew a family that got it raw from a farm and pasteurized it themselves. I asked my pediatrician about it and she said it is perfectly fine as long as you supplement with some vitamin or other (I have no idea what vitamin it was). You could do some research on it. I've considered using goat's milk instead of formula for my LO, but it is very expensive. More expensive than formula? I don't think so, but I suppose it depends on where you live and whether or not goat's milk is readily available too. It would be worth a try if you are getting desperate!
Proud Mama to 4 boys and 2 girls!
STORE CLOSING SALE! 10% off all in stock knits!
Squeezy Baby Knits.
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote