Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have been thinking a lot lately....

We have three wonderful kiddos and 2 angels in heaven. Our kiddos are 7 1/2, 4 1/2, and just turned 1. I have been thinking about not really trying again but not preventing. Just allowing whatever is meant to be to be. I am afraid of ending up with 20 kids tho LOL> I think 3 is plenty to take care of and wonder if I could handle more. But it is so awesome to the see the different personalities and to see each new one add to the family.

I see so many people on here have a bunch of kids and wonder about it. I already feel like people think we are out of the norm with 3...gosh if I add, they will look at me like I have three heads.

Just thinking out loud I guess....

Plus I would love to cd a newborn

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have been thinking a lot lately....

thats how we ended up with ds, the very first month! im not religious, but believe we only get handed what we can handle. if you're meant to have another, it will happen. good luck whatever you decide.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #3
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

yeah, these are hard things. I am expecting #3 and dh says we are done even though I would love a fourth.

I do know that most people have to stop having kids sometime either due to finances or room or health. Even though I love seeing my kids different personalities, I have to stop sometime.

Look at the Duggars, 16 kids and they all have different personalities. It is endless.

Good luck with what you decide.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #4
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do not try and do not prevent. we are allowing God to decide that. It is a hard desion to make and we are always at odds with it. even right now with our finances the way they are. But He knows better than me and I draw my strength from that.
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon View Post
We do not try and do not prevent. we are allowing God to decide that. It is a hard desion to make and we are always at odds with it. even right now with our finances the way they are. But He knows better than me and I draw my strength from that.
Barbara
I would love to be able to do this, but I have medical issues that I need to consider.

I wouldn't want to leave my kiddos without a mommy.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
katiedidbug
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think children are a blessing, and you should take as many as you're given. I'm a no BC gal, so I'm assuming I'll have several. I just believe that as women this is what we're called to do more than anything. I would encourage you to definitely look into another one. But, ultimately, it's up to what you and your husband think is best for your family.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have trusted God with the others and really want to trust him totally with it. I am so tentative though. I do believe He has a plan. I am struggling with it. I am leaning toward allowing God to decide how big he wants our family.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #8
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon View Post
Barbara
yep!!! Same here....but with number 8 I thought we were finished....no I am wishy washy again....I will have to see after 8 gets here....God does know best, He has a perfect plan for each of us. I am sure He will stop me when we are finished. He knows what we can handle and what we can't. I trust Him!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote