Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
ashandri
Registered Users
seller

potty training advice

I was thinking about slowly starting to try to potty train my 15 month old dd. Is it too early? I don't want to push it, but I feel like she may be ready to try. Any advice? I was trying to find a great book or website. There is a good amount of books out there and I'd like to buy one that has worked for some of you experience mommies. OR....do you even suggest a book? Are there just simple steps? Should I just start by using specific words or trying to put her on the potty? I have NO IDEA! First time mommy here. I am NOT in a rush, but I had read a couple of places that it was easier to train earlier than late. Any thoughts? Thanks..Should I buy a little potty?

Advertisement

ashandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Re: potty training advice

I have the once upon a potty book, I like it but I don't know if the books really help or not, if you get one just buy one that you like cuz it can be awkward to read a potty book that uses words you don't like. I would buy a little potty, I like the baby bjorn little potty for smaller babes, set it out and let her have fun sitting on it with clothes on for a while then try sitting on it without clothes if she is comfortable. If she resists, put it aside and let her come back to it when she is ready. Every child is different, the timing and method of training will be different also. HTH

Oh and I don't think it is too early to introduce the potty, EC'ed babes start at birth, it can definitely work if she is open to it.

Last edited by Jillybean; 09-29-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Jillybean is offline   Reply With Quote