Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2006, 08:43 AM   #1
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is my dd losing weight or getting taller? Her pants are falling down!

My dd will be 2 next week. I bought her 18-24/2T stuff for this fall, and now that I'm getting it out, I'm realizing that her 12-18 pants still fit, and the new stuff falls down! In fact, I just put a pair of gap jeans (12-18) on her, and they fell down around her ankles! She needs the 18-24/2T tops, though, since she has her father's torso. Did this happen to anyone else? Do they make belts for toddlers?? Help!

Advertisement

yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
A'smommy
Registered Users

Re: Is my dd losing weight or getting taller? Her pants are falling down!

My DD is having some of the same issues! She's 17 m.o., but outgrew the 18 mo. stuff months ago. I put her in 24 mo/2T, but some of it is just waaay too big. I didn't think a kid could go backwards in sizes, but now I wonder! The pants are too long even though the inseam is right....so I guess she's short-waisted? I can hem pants but I'm not sure what to do about the waist since it's the rise that's too long, not the length. Arggh.

Nana the former home ec teacher is coming this afternoon so maybe she'll have some ideas. I'll LYK...
Old 09-29-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dc always wear a larger size in tops than pants. Younger ds is 4.5, short and skinny, and just now outgrowing 2T bottoms but has been wearing 3T and 4T tops for over a year. The waists on the 3T pants we have are too big, and they are a bit too long. I have noticed also, that the waists on pants are getting larger. Meaning that the 3Ts I have from older ds fit slimmer than pants in the same brand that I bought more recently. Older ds is fairly average sized, height and weight, and he is starting to have issues with waists on pants being too big. Even pants that are getting too short have elastic waists that are loose on him. I bought them both belts, and am hoping it helps.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes the do make belts for toddlers i have to use them on my 3yr old who needs to wear size 4 jeans... she was just like that though when she was little. 2t/3t tops and 18 mo jeans!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay, that makes me feel better! DD has always been at the 25% for weight, but 50% for ht., so she is on the skinnier side. Where do I get toddler girl belts??
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's quite common which is why so many pants come with the maternity button/elastic things now.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
DiapeyMom
Registered Users
seller

Yep, I've got a tall & skinny one here too. She is 36" tall and just 25lbs at 2.5 yrs old. It is really tough to find pants to fit her. I go for the gymboree leggings (which don't fit tight, but fit just like regular pants on her--same with the bike shorts). Also, the adjustable waistband pants are the best. I tried the belt route, but it didn't work out for us. The belt was uncomfortable for her when she sat down in her carseat for a while and she is potty learning so belt makes it take too long to get out of the pants. Also, you can sew some ruffly lace or thick ribbon around the bottom of the pants to extend their length on the smaller sizes. Good luck.
DiapeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote