Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
help with creating a family profile

Ok, so our next step is developing a family profile that will be shown to emoms who are making an adoption plan. We didn't do this step last time because we already had an identified emom. We have a one page letter and some pictures that we gave our LO's bmom, so I have something to start with, but want to improve upon it and of course we'll need to add in info about our dear LO.

So, if you were making an adoption plan for your unborn child, what things would you be looking for in an adoptive family? I know this is all going to be different for each person, but I thought some of this might help me formula some ideas.... of course I'll only be including things that are true of us.... but I'm just interested to see what things come to the surface as being "priorities". Of course, you can include things that aren't top priorities, but something that you would "wish for"...

Please, everyone comment... whether or not you've been through this process or not - I think it will be an interesting thread to generate ideas/discussion.

TIA!

At this point, one of the things I'll probably highlight as one of our "strengths" is our solid marriage of 9 years and our commitment to each other and the Lord. I'll probably also mention how we've been affected by adoption through adopting our LO and our desire to continue to learn more about how adoption affects each person in the adoption triad.

ETA: I think I've got a first draft put together.... does anyone want to view it and give me your thoughts on it? It's 10 pages, but there are a lot of pictures. PM me with your e-mail address if you're interested in giving me feedback. Thanks!

Advertisement

Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07

Last edited by cravnp99; 06-26-2008 at 09:25 PM.
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help with creating a family profile

I was told to keep it simple, highlight our values, lots of pictures, but not too long (no more than 8 pages). I'm happy to send you our profile as an example - pm me and I'll email it to you.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

great tips.. thanks! Anyone else??
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
Old 06-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 06-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

40 views, but only 1 response?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
mom23girls
Registered Users

My Mood:

We did something similar to the pp.
We put pictures of our family, our house, things we felt were important - we even had a picture of my ex and I at a football game - it was something that was important to us - our children having a college education. We tried to vary the pictures from all the years we had been together - it highlighted without having to say the length of time we had been together.

I would ask to see some examples of the ones that your agency has - some people go all out I'm not saying you have to do that but, then again, you don't want yours to be too different in the other direction.

kwim?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #7
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I've got a first draft put together.... does anyone want to view it and give me your thoughts on it? It's 10 pages, but there are a lot of pictures. PM me with your e-mail address if you're interested in giving me feedback. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

anyone? pretty please???
Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All they wanted from us was pictures of us doing the things we do as a family, and pictures of our home, baby's room etc. So I went with a cute small sized scrap book style. Each page had a pic or two with captions. Pics of us on vacation, with extended family on holidays, play area outside, out on the lake, eating ice cream, etc etc.
The Social Worker loved it. She said the other workers enjoyed looking through it too.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
All they wanted from us was pictures of us doing the things we do as a family, and pictures of our home, baby's room etc. So I went with a cute small sized scrap book style. Each page had a pic or two with captions. Pics of us on vacation, with extended family on holidays, play area outside, out on the lake, eating ice cream, etc etc.
The Social Worker loved it. She said the other workers enjoyed looking through it too.
Well, ours is going to be shown to potential birthparents, who will be choosing who will be their child's parents... that's why it's so important that we represent ourselves well in it... the SWs got to meet us face to face, did our homestudy, visited our home and read our complete bios.... this document will be the first impression given an expectant mom about us.... if she chooses us, then we can meet face to face.... so I don't think a collections of pictures alone would work for this.