Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #11
juclark77
Registered Users

Re: help with creating a family profile

I would emphasize that your husband is going to be an involved and nurturing father. In our photobook, I included a pic of my husband playing with a baby.

Advertisement

juclark77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #12
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juclark77 View Post
I would emphasize that your husband is going to be an involved and nurturing father. In our photobook, I included a pic of my husband playing with a baby.
Good point! I did mention that and we do have some pics of Alli & daddy together.... but that's a great thing to emphasize since a lot of times the father of the baby isn't involved - so that's one of the advantages of an adoption plan with a two parent home.
Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #13
erin_brianne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi!
Sounds like you have received good advice We did ours with our letter to a birth mom, pics of our extended family, family vacation, a day at the park, our house, the baby's nursery, and a letter to the baby on the last page. Also, a couple of fun pages with pics of us doing our hobbies: me sewing, and my hubby playing guitar.

My hubby is a minister also, and we're in NW IN
erin_brianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:58 AM   #14
bnew
Registered Users
seller

n/t

"Teacher says, every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings..." All bells are now banned in my house!

Last edited by bnew; 07-17-2009 at 06:53 AM.
bnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #15
dmagsam
Registered Users
seller

Our agency gave us a great guideline sheet and 2 example profiles to go by. That helped so much--we had certain things we were to write about, lengths (# of words) they wanted to see in each section, etc. It was great. We were asked to submit more than the digital company would use, but then they chose the paragraphs, pictures, etc. that they felt were the strongest and made us appear the most unique. I would be glad to email you our profile, if you would like an example, and I could probably scan in the guideline document from our agency if you're interested. Just email me at dalenemagsam@sbcglobal.net
dmagsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #16
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagsam View Post
Our agency gave us a great guideline sheet and 2 example profiles to go by. That helped so much--we had certain things we were to write about, lengths (# of words) they wanted to see in each section, etc. It was great. We were asked to submit more than the digital company would use, but then they chose the paragraphs, pictures, etc. that they felt were the strongest and made us appear the most unique. I would be glad to email you our profile, if you would like an example, and I could probably scan in the guideline document from our agency if you're interested. Just email me at dalenemagsam@sbcglobal.net
I'm really looking more for people who would be willing to read and comment on our draft... it's almost done! Thanks!
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #17
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravnp99 View Post
I'm really looking more for people who would be willing to read and comment on our draft... it's almost done! Thanks!
I'm happy to read it for you - let me know if you need me to resend my email address (I think you have it)
Old 07-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #18
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm happy to read it to - i'm a decent editor but i've never adopted before - pm me if interested
Old 07-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #19
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone.. I'm in the process of doing some revisions on it after our SW read through it... when I get another draft ready, I might take some of you up on another read through... thanks so much!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #20
sunshinek
Registered Users
seller

Hey there. I'm new to DS but definitely not new to adoption!!! I was super duper proud of our profile (BRAG ALERT--the first birthmother who read ours, picked us---stepping off my high horse). If you are still looking for readers, PM me and I'll send you my email addy.

Good luck!
My Blog
sunshinek is offline   Reply With Quote