Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #21
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help with creating a family profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinek View Post
Hey there. I'm new to DS but definitely not new to adoption!!! I was super duper proud of our profile (BRAG ALERT--the first birthmother who read ours, picked us---stepping off my high horse). If you are still looking for readers, PM me and I'll send you my email addy.

Good luck!
Thanks.. I'm in the middle of a revision.. once that is done, I may take you up on that! Congrats on your family by adoption... our LO's are only 1 day apart... Alli was born 1/3/07!

Advertisement

Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:40 AM   #22
sunshinek
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravnp99 View Post
Thanks.. I'm in the middle of a revision.. once that is done, I may take you up on that! Congrats on your family by adoption... our LO's are only 1 day apart... Alli was born 1/3/07!
I didn't even notice that! Isn't this just the cutest age?
My Blog
sunshinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #23
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I didn't even notice that! Isn't this just the cutest age?
Yeah, I'm sure enjoying watching her personality develop. Everything gets a big reaction. She jabbers on the phone (yeah, uh-huh, giggle/laugh, jabber, OK)

So yesterday I was looking for my keys.... couldn't find them, so I went searching for dh's keys. Found them in her play purse. This morning I decided to go through the toy box, and found my keys!
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #24
sunshinek
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I told DH that we need mini-tracking devices on all of our keys/sunglasses/electronics/remotes!
My Blog
sunshinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #25
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yeah, I told DH that we need mini-tracking devices on all of our keys/sunglasses/electronics/remotes!
Good idea!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #26
CMHmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think a lot about this b/c we are talking about adoption in the future for our family. I have read some books about putting a letter together and most bio-moms talk about wanting to see a true picture of who you are with out being made a lot of promises. Think about what you would want to know about someone if you had to choose another family for your child.... It's heart wrenching but it puts it in perspective.
CMHmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #27
z'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1. Action shots of you and dh doing stuff is really good. Our agency said a really good point, birthmothers may not read the profile (as they may be looking through a lot) and having pictures that show what you say you do during the day is key. Not too many face shots, vary face shots with action/full body shots.

2.Your kids. BM don't tend to care as much about the development of your own children. They want to see what you will be like as a parent so limit the amount of info and mentions about your kids. Talk about you. Also, limit the amount of pictures of your kids in the profile. They should be in no more than 1/4 to 1/3 of your pictures.

3. Don't overstate. The BM/BF will be reading a bunch of profiles (probably) so state things simply and concisely. Maybe do some "bullet point" text that tells about you. A His and Hers Favorites page (books, movies, candy, food, etc.)

Just a few things I remember from doing our profile that our agency said over and over again. They are a pretty big agency with lots of BM/BF contact so they've done their research in what BMs like and are drawn to.

My 2 cents.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #28
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z'smomma View Post
1. Action shots of you and dh doing stuff is really good. Our agency said a really good point, birthmothers may not read the profile (as they may be looking through a lot) and having pictures that show what you say you do during the day is key. Not too many face shots, vary face shots with action/full body shots.

2.Your kids. BM don't tend to care as much about the development of your own children. They want to see what you will be like as a parent so limit the amount of info and mentions about your kids. Talk about you. Also, limit the amount of pictures of your kids in the profile. They should be in no more than 1/4 to 1/3 of your pictures.

3. Don't overstate. The BM/BF will be reading a bunch of profiles (probably) so state things simply and concisely. Maybe do some "bullet point" text that tells about you. A His and Hers Favorites page (books, movies, candy, food, etc.)

Just a few things I remember from doing our profile that our agency said over and over again. They are a pretty big agency with lots of BM/BF contact so they've done their research in what BMs like and are drawn to.

My 2 cents.
Thank you for that valuable information! I think I need to simplify our profile and take out some of the pics of our little girl (so hard to do because we love pictures of her. ) You are right, when I looked through your profile.. the first thing I did was scan through the pictures and some of the headings... then I went back and read it. So I can see that happening if a potential birth mom had several to look through... she'd might read it more indepth later, but initially she will probably just scan the pictures & highlighted text...