Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #1
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
another wwyd as a "seller" ?

OK. this is merely a question of what you would do if you were the seller in this transaction. Not whether it is right or wrong or what kind of fb you would leave.
I am just curious to see if there are other mama's out there that are like me and would go above and beyond to make sure other's are happy.
I bought a diaper that retails for about $17 for $8. It is used but still functional. The seller said she didn't use it much but it was still good...
I rec'd the diaper, washed it and tried it on my dd to learn a snap is busted.
Now, I give people the benefit of the doubt and realize if this diaper wasn't in use the busted snap could have been over looked. I pm the mama and tell her. She offers to pay to have the snap fixed and emails the owner of the company. I personally and craft challenged and cannot fix it myself.
I respond with, the fact that I basically think it isn't worth the $1.50 to ship it both ways to have a $8 diaper fixed and I will just chalk this up as a loss. I personally think it is a pain in the but and don't want to deal with it. I know others would think differently but whatever.... No response on that yet.

So, my question is if you were the seller in this transaction what would you do. Maybe I am in the minority and I sold someone a busted diaper I would refund the $8 no questions asked and say keep the diaper and realized I mesed up. I would want my buyer to be happy with me and the transactionl. I realize some mama's would say that is overboard and she has tried to make it right by offering to fix it and leave it at that.
If I am a seller I want the buyer to be happy and not have any hassles or be out any money.... are there other's out there like me? Just curious...
I once really messed up on a trade. BAD. I sent someone the wrong color FB. I felt so bad I told her to keep the FB and I sent her the pp for the amount of goods she sent me and the shipping just so she wouldn't be inconvienced or be out anything.... yes, maybe overboard but I wanted to make it right.

Advertisement

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: another wwyd as a "seller" ?

i think if a buyer isn't happy then they should return the item and receive a full refund, and i don't think the buyer should keep the item and the refund, i understand the inconvenience but still, i do not beleive the buyer should feel right keeping both and if they want a refund then the item goes back to the seller
as for the feedback, i'd give positive if the seller made it right, or a nuetral, i personally havent left any neutrals because even if i wasn't happy with a item from a transaction, the sellers have been very nice and made things right and i'd buy from them again and to me this deserves pos feedback.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Mistakes happen. I think offering to pay to have the diaper repaired was more than fair. I don't think the seller should have to refund when they have offered to pay to have your diaper fixed.

ETA I agree with Sally. No full refund unless you send the diaper back.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #4
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not saying she should do either... I realize that I go WAY overboard and luckily I haven't had to refund anything really except when I messed up on a trade and I was the one who wanted to give the mama all kinds of extras.
I was just wondering if there was anyone else like me. Personally, i think offering to pay for a busted diaper is the least a seller should do.. afterall it wasn't disclosed in the ad and the diaper is useless until it is fixed, however, if the buyer doesn't want to deal with the hassle of it being fixed I as a seller would just send back the money automatically but I guess that is just me. I am super generous and a people pleaser since I messed up.

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Personally, if the dipe was otherwise functional, I would be happy with a buck or two refund to help pay for getting a new snap put on. Ask her to consider sending you $1-2 and leave her very positive feedback.

I actually had an experience yesterday where I shipped some EO's to another mama here. One of hte droppers was missing the ring and she said she's just find one in town. Well I decided that even though I had sold the stuff at a slight loss, she still deserved at least a little bit of concern from me. I sent her the cost of the dropper (35 cents) rounded up to the next half dollar which was 50 cents total. She was happy because I showed I cared and I was happy because I got good feedback. Those two quarters of mine sweetened the already sweet deal and it didn't hurt me at all, kwim?

To me, you got a great deal. You got a functional dipe at less than 50% new. If you have to shell another $2 to ship the dipe to a mama to get a new snap, you're still winning imho. If the mama refuses to send you a dollar or two to help, leave appropriate feedback (no less than neutral) and be done. If she sends you even a dollar, then give her positive and call her a square deal. It won't cost you more than $2 of your own money when added to the $1 of hers to get a new snap and you're good to go.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

I actually had this exact same situation happen to me...I had a brand new dipe, only washed, that I sold to a mama. After she used it a few times one snap came off. I offered a full refund, so I could send it back to the manufac. if she sent it back to me with dc. She decided to keep the dipe, I really have no idea why, maybe the hassle of sending it back to me? However, I felt because the dipe was new it should have been replaced...I still feel bad that she didn't send it back....

HTH
Old 09-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

I tend to overboard it too. It's my reputation on the line and I take that very seriously lol.