Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
e and d
Registered Users
seller

Tell me which cover is best for nighttime!

I need guidance.

We are currently just a pockets family. I can't take the nighttime leaks anymore; my son is 10 months and still nurses multiple times per night. I have been using BumGenius with him with 2 inserts, or a LeoBaby insert, and no go. In desperation a tried a disposable last night...leaked by 2 am. Help!!

I'm planning to get a Very Baby Simply Nights and a Lullaby Dreams. We've never done fitteds and covers before so I'm clueless. I gather from what I've read here that wool is the way to go...right?

So, here's what I'm considering. Please let me know which you think would be best, any pros/cons I'm not aware of, or if you have other suggestions.

(I don't think my husband will go for longies or shorts bc for whatever reason he's always convinced our son is hot and I know he'll argue against the wool if it's too long...can't fight that battle yet!)

I want something that will most importantly stop the leaks, be comfortable, not too bulky, and easy for my husband to use. Also, I need to be able to order it NOW in a Medium. THANK YOU in advance!

1. Disana Organic Wool Night Wrap

2. Lana Merino Wool Soaker

3. Kahu Diaper Cover

4. Aristocrat

5. Covered Caboose Merino Wool Cover

(Feel free to spam me if you have something available that works really well for overnights and meets the criteria above! )

Advertisement

e and d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Tell me which cover is best for nighttime!

I use either a Lana, Disana pullon or an Aristocrat. Love them all, my favorite is the Aristocrat over my Very Baby Simply Nights.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
MilkOnDemand
Registered Users
seller

This http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=45823&vid=361 is still available, can be mailed to you tomorrow, is a medium and will work well overnight. I will sell it to you for $18ppd.
MilkOnDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

I use hand-knit wool for night-time covers.

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e and d View Post

I want something that will most importantly stop the leaks, be comfortable, not too bulky, and easy for my husband to use. Also, I need to be able to order it NOW in a Medium. THANK YOU in advance!
We use Imse Vimse Night covers. I have never had a leak, pee or poo with them. my DD is allergic to wool, so that's out. I use the Imse cover with a VBSN and it's a great combo. (the only thing that doesn't leak!!)

Good Luck!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkOnDemand View Post
This http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=45823&vid=361 is still available, can be mailed to you tomorrow, is a medium and will work well overnight. I will sell it to you for $18ppd.
That is so cute!!!

I was going to say the Aristocrat, it has extra thickness in the wetzone and should work very well. Its not trim, but for night time it shouldnt matter too much? (It comes in a S or L, their sizing is kind of weird...)
Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #7
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I havent read the other replys yet so sorry if im repeating. But my guess is that hes a heavier wetting then what your inserts can heandle. Why not adjust the absorbing maertials instead of investing in things that you may not need?
So, if it were me, if you have some prefolds on hand, preferably Indian Prefolds stuff one in and see if that helps. I prefer to use two prefolds for nights, my DD could sleep 10+ hours with her pockets and 2 prefolds. Now, this isnt the trimmest option out there, but i would rather have a little bulk then leaks. If the bulk is an issue maybe use the appropriate sized prefold and then use the next smallest size if you double them up. So your still getting the full adantages of the two prefolds, but not as much bulk. KWIM?
If you dont have any prefolds, you can buy them for fairly cheap and buy the half dozen at Montanas Diaper store.
I would give the prefolds a shot before spending lots of money on other options.
HTH
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #8
JenMah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my wool is being washed or lanolized--I use a Dancing Bears Fleece Pull on--works GREAT!

Mommy-Mom to Mason-13, Molly-10, Maguire-5, Meredith-2.5
JenMah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
e and d
Registered Users
seller

Thanks so much for the input, everybody! It is really helpful.

Here's my plan for now: I found an Aristocrat on the FSOT for $13...will give that a try. May have found a Lana as well...and will get that too if it's still around.

MilkOnDemand, what a cute soaker! I will keep it in mind. I'm thinking I might need the cuffs to come down a little longer...

kkweight, you have a great point. I put the Leobaby insert + a cotton babies in tonight...we'll see how it goes.
e and d is offline   Reply With Quote