Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

Udate on my bad ebay transaction

For those of you who remember, I posted awhile ago about selling some expensive art work on ebay for super cheap so I could quick fund some diapers.
Long story short, it was one of my first few times selling, and I didn't know about DC and didn't get it.
The woman writes me saying she didn't ever recieve the item and that I need to refund her. I was unable to muddle through ebays bylaws enough to tell if paypal protects the seller and refunds the buyer, or if that was up to me to do. You all indicated that it was up to me.
We had two or three emails where I am telling her to please just give it a bit before demanding a refund (She originally emailed me like a wk after I shipped telling me to refund her.)
So, she writes me a super snotty email saying it's up to me to pay her back and ya-da-ya-da. By now three wks have gone by?
Anyhoo long story short as promised
After she emailed me the snotty email, I emailed her a kind letter saying she was totally right that I was at fault and I would gladly refund her the money since three wks had gone by and no art had come.
She got her money back and I never heard from her again.
I'm so pi**ed. I feel like if someone wrote me and just said you know what, you're totally right here's your money, I would at least acknowledge that. A simple frickin thank you would be nice, or I got the refund or something.
Now I just totally feel scammed and I'm BITTER.
A wk later she's demanding a refund? I tell her to wait a bit please....and then after three wks of her threats and crap I tell her she's right, I'm wrong, here's your refund. I'm soooo poor now.
Did I mention I'm BITTER?

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Udate on my bad ebay transaction

That really sucks and i'm sorry
d/c is so important because some people are just dishonest and want stuff for free and w/o the d/c they can claim the item didnt come just to get the item for free and then get their money back, just know, things do not go unseen and there dishonest hearts will get whats coming to them
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

i wish d/c could be somehow private, like only the sender would know if it has it or not.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

No kidding. That would be a good idea.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #5
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry... that just totally stinks.

I'd write a nice note with the underlying demand of "did you get your money, I don't see it as being claimed in my paypal."
Old 09-29-2006, 06:28 PM   #6
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

No no....she TOOK my refund.
I just feel like since my note to her said "You are right, I'm sorry, here is your refund" and very little time had passed since she first started demanding one, she could at least write me a thank you, or a payment recieved, or something. The fact that she just took the refund with no acknowledgement of it just triple makes me think she sucks.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
MY THREE BOYS
Registered Users

NEXT TIME LIST ON AUCTION , BUY INSURANCE OR SELLER WILL NOT BE RESPONSABLE FOR MAIL MIX UPS I DO FOR JUST THAT REASON AND I BUY DC AT POST OFFICE AND DONT LET THE BUYER KNOW ,THEN IF THERE IS A PROBLEM I CAN GIVE IT TO THEM ...
MY THREE BOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #8
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

That's a great idea. I haven't listed on ebay since this incident, but your suggestion might just help me get me sea legs back!