Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #21
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: CIO Help!

Please keep this post for information only, like the mama is asking for, and leave any judgment out of it. I locked a post about this earlier that was way out of hand

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #22
kvalentine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Am I to expect that I will not get a decent night sleep until DS is in school?

Why do some babies just sleep through the night at 3 or 4 months with no effort?

What are other non-cry it out methods to get baby to sleep in his own crib (in our room but not bed-sharing) and only waking once to feed.

FYI my ds is 18lbs 13oz I don't think he is needing to eat 3 times a night like when he was a newborn
Old 06-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #23
waitingtobe
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvalentine View Post

Why do some babies just sleep through the night at 3 or 4 months with no effort?

What are other non-cry it out methods to get baby to sleep in his own crib (in our room but not bed-sharing) and only waking once to feed.

FYI my ds is 18lbs 13oz I don't think he is needing to eat 3 times a night like when he was a newborn
Yeah, he probably doesn't have to eat 3 times a night anymore. I have some friends that did the no-cry sleep solution book. I didn't research it but they have seemed to like it.

I understand wanting to get more sleep, whatever you decide know that we are all here for you.

Check out my Mommy Blog at www.andbrooklynmakesthress.blogspot.com
waitingtobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #24
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvalentine View Post

Grace ate every 2.5 hours around the clock for the first 18 months of her life. She was on the breast so it was all me. It was rough but it was what she needed
Old 06-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #25
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama, I'm so sorry. You will eventually get a good night's sleep. Do you have anyone that can take the night shift for a night so you can sleep? Also, co-sleeping doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. What about putting him to sleep in his bed and bringing him to your when he wakes? How about a pick-up/put down method that's a little more gentle? We did a modified/attended CIO with our ds and never ever allowed him to cry more than 10min. And when I went in I varied from nursing him, just rocking him, walking him some and just rubbing his back and singing to him. It never took him longer than 15min to go to sleep and it only lasted 2 nights. I think some babies just get it sooner.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #26
bama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmommy View Post
Grace ate every 2.5 hours around the clock for the first 18 months of her life. She was on the breast so it was all me. It was rough but it was what she needed
But for some people, this simply isn't possible. I have a three year old who I am simply not a good parent to on no sleep. So I would either have to try to sleep train my 6 month old, or be a bad mommy who can't function to my three year old. Its just not a cut and dry situation.
bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #27
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 6mth old 16lber nurses every 3-4hrs. BM digest really fast...

Put him in his swing w/a paci, wear him, rock/sing to him....rub him down w/lavender lotion......PLS don't let him CIO-its not natural or healthy.

http://www.ezzo.info/Voices/hfamily.htm

TRY:
http://books.google.com/books?id=dkK...um=1&ct=result

Last edited by CrunchyMama0607; 06-23-2008 at 04:49 PM.
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #28
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by CrunchyMama0607; 06-23-2008 at 04:49 PM.
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #29
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
Hi Mama. I know how hard this can be. We co sleep and then when it becomes uncomfortable we move them to a crib in our room. My son moved to a crib at 18 months when we were having the new baby and my pregnancy was too uncomfortable to bed share. With the crib in our room he had all the same sights, sounds and smells.

A couple of things about CIO I don't understand. One is that ALL these babies know is their moms and dads, it would be so scary to be put somewhere all alone just because we decide its inconvenient. Also, I dont understand looking at the baby but not picking them up. The last thing I want my boys to think is A) I don't want to help them but will just watch them suffer or B)I cant meet their basic needs. CIO doesn't teach a baby to sleep on their own it teaches them to give up asking for you, and thats not something I want to teach my boys. My good friend CIO with her 6 month old and it got to be whenever they'd walk in her room to change her, her daughter would get so upset she'd throw up.

I hope this doesn't sound mean, I know how hard it can be, especially when a ped. is telling you to do this. I also know how hard it is to go without sleep. But I think its our jobs as parents to help find the gentlest way to transition, especially something like this. I hope you find a solution that works for all of you.
i agree
Old 06-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #30
CMommyof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama You will sleep again. Before you know it you will be missing those baby days. My 1st dd is 5 she sleeps just fine. I didn't CIO with my kids and my 5 year old sleeps just fine. Right now we are switching beds and rooms with my youngest so we are having some rough days but I know it will be over before I know it. She's sleeping better when she's with us right now but she's having those days where she wants to be alone and I know she's growing up she's not my baby anymore. Anyways again it will be over before you know it My oldest dd gets a few stoies before bed and it's lights out she never gives us problems. She is perfectly happy and independent

excuse my posts if they seem short or have typos
CMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote