Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #21
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Swollen Bug Bites...Should I take Nikolas to the DR? Pics ADDED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydn'smommy View Post
Your doc really won't do anything (I speak from experience here as I am the ped). There's nothing that can be done other than giving some benadryl for itching, using the topical hydrocortisone and applying ice to them. Make sure you are using a good insect repellent in the future.
He got bit while we were sleeping.

Thanks for the insight. He has not scratched them at all so I think I will wait on the benadryl but I will apply some ice. I should have thought of that.

Advertisement

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:07 AM   #22
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think they are definately tick bites.

How weird. He got bit in bed (I'm sure of that.) at my sisters and she has no pets.

How do ticks get in the house??? Will a bug bomb remove them?

She is going to be at my house for almost a week so she was already thinking of getting her house bombed while she was gone. She feels terrible about hm being bitten here, though I am not upset with her.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Old 06-24-2008, 06:13 AM   #23
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am hard pressed to think they are tick bites. Ticks typically latch on and don't let go. Have you removed any ticks from him? My guess would be mosquito or flea. Do you sleep with windows open? Have there ever been pets at her house? A bug bomb might do the trick there.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #24
justjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my brother was bit by a spider and his bite started looking something like that. i think he had red streaks starting to go up his arm though and my moms natural doc said just get some charcoal pills and open them and make a paste and put it on the bite to pull out all the poison if it was a poisonous spider. worked and my brother was fine shortly after! bite gone and everything really weird!!! hope little one is doing better
Jessica wife to my sexy soldier SAHM to THE BOSS(9) THE SCIENTIST(8) THE CLOWN(5) THE CRAZY(3) and MISSY MOO(1) and #6 arriving summer 2013!!!
find me on FBmy ISO/IHA
justjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:18 AM   #25
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am hard pressed to think they are tick bites. Ticks typically latch on and don't let go. Have you removed any ticks from him? My guess would be mosquito or flea. Do you sleep with windows open? Have there ever been pets at her house? A bug bomb might do the trick there.
No, I didn't remove any ticks.

No open windows, there is central air so the windows have been closed up for a few weeks now.

There have been pets in the house but it was years ago. I'm not sure that counts does it? Ahd they have been here for nearly a year with no bites like these.

I would humbly say that they could be mosquito bites that he got walking in from the car that I did not notice until the next morning. The mosquitos were out bad the other night when I went out alone to get something from the car.

Would a mosquito bite really swell up that much?

Old 06-24-2008, 07:10 AM   #26
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've seen mosquito bites swell to 2-3 times that size. It's amazing how bad a reaction to one of those can be. Poor baby. I'm sure it's not comfortable.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:21 AM   #27
mommyof4es
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be inclined to think spider or mosquito bites. My dd1 and ds swell like that with mosquito bites and a few days later the skin starts to get flaky as it's healing. My ds was stung by a bee over a week ago and it was healing fine, but then it looked exactly like your LO's. His ped put him on abx because she was afraid of the possibility of cellulitis.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #28
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haven reacts like that. i give him homeopathic Apis and they go down. i always keep my homeopathic kit with me.
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #29
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is very allergic to bug bits. She gets the same reaction. The first time this happened I took her to the doctor and all they would say was "we dont know what it is so just take these antibiotics and it if does not clear up come back". Well, I am not the kind of person to just give medication blindly...so, I went to the local coop and I talked to a few people I new that worked there and I got some salve...the purpose it to draw the poison out. Now, I put this on every time she gets a bit. It works...it is not ment to clear up in 24 hours but it does clear up in about 3-4 days (my daughter just got two on Fri and now they are WAY better). Now, with all bits remember...if it looks different then the norm (for what your LO normally has a reaction to) then it calls for going to a doctor. So, the question is...has your LO ever had a reaction to a bit like this? See, the one on the leg looks exactly like what my LO has...however the one on the arm, looks a little more serious. The ring around it does not look good. Hope some of this helps.
"Freedom is not Free"
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #30
mdeveer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
No, I didn't remove any ticks.

No open windows, there is central air so the windows have been closed up for a few weeks now.

There have been pets in the house but it was years ago. I'm not sure that counts does it? Ahd they have been here for nearly a year with no bites like these.

I would humbly say that they could be mosquito bites that he got walking in from the car that I did not notice until the next morning. The mosquitos were out bad the other night when I went out alone to get something from the car.

Would a mosquito bite really swell up that much?
DS got his last few while sleeping at night, too, and the most likely got in the house from me. His were a little "puffier" than your DS's and just as round. It's been a week, and they're still fading away. The swelling's gone down completely, but they're still almost a full dime-size in diameter and "wanna-be red" in color. So, yes, they could even be bigger and yuckier looking for a mosquito than his.

Quote:
I've seen mosquito bites swell to 2-3 times that size. It's amazing how bad a reaction to one of those can be. Poor baby. I'm sure it's not comfortable.