Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
so my grammy was here today and asked me.....

if i was still using the "regular diapers"...omg i LOVED hearing them referred to as regular diapers...b/c they ARE!!!! it was so great just b/c normally people refer to disposables that way. it was great! she loved the wool as a cover too (i had gotten some shorties in while she was here) and she loved his meaf cover. she said it was nothing like what they had.
down side was when she asked how much they cost lol. and i even fibbed a little. told her the dipe i had on me from shaine was only $6 and the one pw i have left i told her was only 10 LOL!!! she about dropped, she said "for ONE diaper!??!!?! why would anybody spend that on one!!!" then proceeded to tell me how when they did it, it only cost 10 for a dozen lol. so i explained to her that's why i use mostly pf's and those cost 10 for 6. and told her that's why i don't have very many fitteds. thank god she didn't ask how much the wool cost!!! she'd have , !!! but she still loves that i'm doing it and think the meaf covers, wool, and snappi's are all awesome. she really didn't look that impressed by the fitteds though lol.

Advertisement

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: so my grammy was here today and asked me.....

That's great! How fun! My gma loved all the "regular" diapers I showed to her- she was very impressed.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
shell015
Banned
seller

Oh my gosh. I know. My mema just loves it. She's buying them from me for baby gifts. Who can get away with giving cd's as shower gifts other than an ole lady. LOL.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

I avoid talking about cost LOL.

My mom thinks I'm absolutely nuts for using cloth-- but loves the pockets. She used flats and vinyl pants with me (a tiny preemie-- she was miserable and could barely make them fit-- ended up using cut up towels on me LOL).

My MIL? Is thrilled I've made the switch-- in fact, she tried to get me started on cloth when I was pregnant with DS and I dismissed her suggestions.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes i was trying so hard to not talk about how much they cost and then she just flat out asked me LOL!!! to try to make it better (or make myself seem less crazy..you pick LOL) i told her how much some women were paying for HoneyBoys when they VERY FIRST came out lol...she definately thought those women were way more phsyco then me hehe. still thought i was nuts for $10 per dipe lol. good thing i opted to not discuss woolies again...or the FF i have coming hehe. i also tried to explain the resale value but her ears were shut. at least she still loved the pf's, meaf covers and wool though!!!

Old 09-29-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
mama23boys
Banned
seller

my mom is really the only one who LOVES that i cloth diaper AND use wool, the rest of my family just think im crazy for making "extra" work for myself (washing diapers) as for wool i have an aunt and cousin who LOVE LOVE his wool and 2 other aunts who call his longies his lumberjack pants
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

See, I tell her how expensive each disposable costs -- and you throw it away!

My dad even changed a disposable diaper when he was here-- never did one when I was a baby, but he's about as good as my husband.

Doug knows these diapers cost $$, but he also knows we aren't throwing it away.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #8
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

lol my dh at first i think just allowed it...now he loves it!!! he'll change a dipe no problem but is much better with the fitteds (and adores shaineinok's), which is one reason we have fitteds. and he is fully aware of how much those cost...now the longies is a totally different story lol. but i'm sure he'll be fine w/them. he's a great guy!!! he loves my wool nursing pads and adores the soaker i have that a friends mom made. and he knows it's better for brighton's bum, and is obviously more comfy than sposies (our first two screamed at dipe changes and were sposied and brighton is so happy during dipe changes it's unreal). he LOVES the resale value of them too!!!

i can honestly say that at this point, calculating the money we didn't get back from reselling...we've probably at this point (and are in mediums now mind you, so he'll be wearing these for a while) only spent $150 to $200 MAX. i think that's pretty darn good! i still have some left to sell, and with that i'll get some more meaf covers, a few more fun ones from bluemoon, some woolies and most likely some more pf's and maybe a couple more dipes from shaine. so our med stash may end up costing us more still...but what's the biggie when i can resell all this to make $$$ for the larges?

ugh long post...sorry LMBO!

Old 09-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

My husband just doesn't care LOL. He said since I enjoy it... and it's better for the kids, less garbage....

We decided a few diapers weren't working for us and I was going to sell them he said excitedly "Oh! What are we going to buy?" I had to laugh. He'll even tell people about our diapers--
Old 09-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #10
bizymamaof2
Registered Users
seller

That is great! I'm pretty sure everyone in my family (and most of my friends) just think I've done lost it... although they'd never say it to my face... but I don't really care cause I love CDing!!! That's awesome that CDs are the "regular diapers", because they are!!
bizymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote