Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Getting out the door on time...

Yeah, mornings are bad. All the other's advice. Prepare as much as possible night before (as much dc stuff in car ready to go).
Oh at that age the hanging door jumper was key for us. DS loved the jumper and we could easily transport him from one room to another with us while we got ready.

"Life is a journey, not a destination". Enjoy the ride.

Last edited by Mommimi; 07-17-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Mommimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

i can't offer a whole lot that hasn't already been said, but just wanted to agree with everyone. Isn't easy. I also get as much ready the night before (clothes mainly since DS is fed at daycare). I always leave an extra pair of shoes at daycare just in case as well as extra clothes. If we are running out the door and ive not put his shoes on I have the back up of him having them at daycare....lots of time they take their shoes off to play anyway except outside.

I also keep spare things in the car, which doubles in protection in case you have an unexpected trip after work and don't have time or too far away from home to stop by.

i purposefully get ready before I get DS up, so that when i do get him up...all focus is on him and me not being stressed about getting myself ready. DH fends for himself....just the way it is since I do most everything else. If DS wakes up before I'm ready to get up, I quickly dress and pull my hair back so I don't turn in to a stressed out lady (it still happens sometimes anyway). If he's uncooperative or unwilling....that makes the mo rning a whole different story but I still aim to please as much as possible
Lisa, Landon - 7 and Owen - 4
Weezy6703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I agree with all the mamas that have posted...the key to getting out the door on time is to PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE and stick to a ROUTINE. I teach 3rd grade full time and have my 5. The big kids have to get their backpacks ready. I take care of the baby and the little ones. It deft'ly helps to have DH getting toddlers dressed while I feed baby. Good luck! I've been doing this for years and don't know any different, it's still exhausting! Remember, you're a certified BUTT KICKER!
DenaCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #14
Registered Users

WSS... plus
I lay my clothes out the night before, down to undies, shoes, and jewelry. When dd was an infant, I also had in mind an alternate top in case of spit up, etc. Bags are packed in the car. I bought a cooler bag to transport DD's stuff in, with a removable plastic "box" for the inside. It's packed and in the fridge, so all I have to do is take it out and put it in the cooler. I lay my keys and cell in the same place so I can GET OUT THE DOOR!! I am a coffee addict, so I make my coffee the night before and all I have to do is hit the start button. I don't take time to eat breakfast, but pack some snacks , trail mix and an apple usually, that I can eat on the way or when I get to work. Again, done the night before.

BABYWEARING HAS BEEN A GODSEND. Some days, that's the only way I get my makeup on, with dd in a wrap or sling. It's also how I get everything packed up at night!!
Hope this helps. My main advice is to do EVERYTHING humanely possible. For me, forgetting one step throws my whole morning off!!!!!!!!!!
Lovinthe2 is offline   Reply With Quote