Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
nethridge
Registered Users
seller

Re: My ped used the word "deadly" (vax related)

Ignore the scare tactics...All doctors use them.
And deadly diseases? Please. In most cases, Your child has more of a chance of an adverse reaction to a vaccine than the actual disease its 'preventing'. Listen to your gut, if instinct is telling you no, don't do it. and find a doctor that will RESPECT that.

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had our first ped appt yesterday and had to sign something that said "i understand i am endangering the life of my child and others by not vaccinating" lmao.. dh and i just laughed and signed it, lol. My ped did ask why i didnt want to vax, and i said the ingredients scared me more than the diseases, and he was cool with that.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToBe84 View Post
i had our first ped appt yesterday and had to sign something that said "i understand i am endangering the life of my child and others by not vaccinating" lmao.. dh and i just laughed and signed it, lol. My ped did ask why i didnt want to vax, and i said the ingredients scared me more than the diseases, and he was cool with that.
Glad your ped was pretty understanding and you and DH are taking it in stride, but next time you go to the doc, you need to remove that form that you signed from the chart and don't sign anything like that again. If anything ever happens where your child (or someone else) gets sick or if CPS ever gets involved with you for any reason (you'd be surprised...) you have signed that paper saying that you realize you're endangering your child and others and you don't care. Not a good thing. There have been several other threads on here about those waivers and you can find a lot more horror stories about moms that signed them on the web. It's ok to sign something saying that you have been advised of the risks and benefits of the vaccines and have made the decision to refuse the vaccines...that's just CYA for your doc so that he has proof that he offered the vaxes...but don't ever sign anything saying that you are knowingly endangering your child and others. Good luck!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000 View Post
Glad your ped was pretty understanding and you and DH are taking it in stride, but next time you go to the doc, you need to remove that form that you signed from the chart and don't sign anything like that again. If anything ever happens where your child (or someone else) gets sick or if CPS ever gets involved with you for any reason (you'd be surprised...) you have signed that paper saying that you realize you're endangering your child and others and you don't care. Not a good thing. There have been several other threads on here about those waivers and you can find a lot more horror stories about moms that signed them on the web. It's ok to sign something saying that you have been advised of the risks and benefits of the vaccines and have made the decision to refuse the vaccines...that's just CYA for your doc so that he has proof that he offered the vaxes...but don't ever sign anything saying that you are knowingly endangering your child and others. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

*hugs* my first confrontation with our FORMER ped was like that too, I walked out of there crying feeling like I might give my kids a "deadly" disease. I made a vow to myself and my children from that day on to learn everything I could about vaccines, and memorize references, statistics, read package inserts, and reaserch reactions. I now feel like I could and would stand up to any doctor who is stupid enough to challenge me. I am so sorry they did that to you. You're making the right decision mama!
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote