Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #11
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What would your kid eat first??

Dd wont each Mac n Cheese, but she loves broccoli, just don't get that icky cheese sauce on it.

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #12
Knifty Kniteez
Registered Users
Formerly: gbryndi
seller

My Mood:

its funny how kids are, i never thought i would have a veggie lover but i guess since i was and still am i will have all veggie lovers but we'll see lol
Old 06-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #13
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

When veggies are mixed into the main dish, DS eats it all at the same time. When veggies are on their own on the side he usually goes for those first (though I think some of that is conditioning because he knows that I don't mind if he doesn't finish the meat/grain parts of the meal but house rules say ALL veggies have to be eaten. Better to eat those first so he doesn't fill up on the other stuff and then not have room in his tummy for the veggies!)

However, when he gets a fast food kid's meal as a treat, he gets really, really, really upset if he gets fries with it. He much prefers to have apples or applesauce and he wants to eat that first, before his chicken nuggets. I LOVE that about him.

On a side note, when I was skimming down the main OT forum page to see what posts people had made my eyes just glanced over this and I thought it said something about which kid would you eat first. LOL
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, broccoli is my sons FAV FOOD, "bean beans" (green beans) are his 2nd, applesauce is his 3rd fav, but if he sees a "kiki" (cookie), dont even try to get him to eat anything else!
sooo... if there are no kikis around, he will choose broccoli first =)
Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #15
Meri
Registered Users

Our child eats whatever is on her plate. She eats hummus, whole wheat pitas and bread, veggies, bread with balsamic and oil (like it's going out of style!), meat, cheese, eggs, mushrooms, chicken tikka, veggie korma, etc. She's particularly obsessed with Olive Garden's salad... and not just the olives.

We've always fed her what we're eating--there's never been a special meal for her (not even when she started solids), so it would never occur to her to order anything different.

We do insist that she order something off a kids menu that goes with the theme of the place--she's not allowed to order a burger and fries at a Mexican place, for instance.

HOWEVER.. she'd eat the fries first. I think it's definitely a downfall in our family!

Last edited by Meri; 06-26-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Meri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #16
njbeachgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD will eat fruit before anything else.

But she would choose something like grilled cheese or pasta over vegetable.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #17
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD (22mo) would eat the broccoli out and then pick at the mac n cheese. She also loves salad and terriyaki salmon. She is finished when it is tossed to the floor!

MY DS (3.5) would glare at it and then complain about the green in his food. The mac n cheese would be trashed in his opinion because the green TOUCHED it, lol!

My 12yo DD, would wonder if the cheese was organic and she would not eat the brocolli because it sometimes bothers her stomach, even though she likes it. She would opt for a healthy salad with grilled chicken!

They are all so different!! Drives me nuts at dinner time!

Last edited by Guardandolaluna; 06-26-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #18
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our 4yo is a total veggie/fruit man, he'd eat the broccoli first. At his party earlier this month he was begging for an apple when all the other kids were munching on cake & pizza Ive caught him sliding a chair over from the breakfast table into the kitchen to get to a large bowl of fruit I keep out on the counter. Last week while out having lunch with a friend and her daughter, he reached over and swiped her corn on the cob after polishing his off. Yesterday I gave him a cookie, he took one bite and set it down on the table and said he was full lol I hope he stays this way
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #19
Meri
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardandolaluna View Post
My DD (22mo) would eat the broccoli out and then pick at the mac n cheese. She also loves salad and terriyaki salmon.

MY DS (3.5) would glare at it and then complain about the green in his food. The mac n cheese would be trashed in his opinion because the green TOUCHED it, lol!
My 12yo DD, would wonder if the cheese was organic and she would not eat the brocolli for fear of gas. She would opt for a healthy salad with grilled chicken!
They are all so different!! Drives me nuts at dinner time!
Oh dear.. I'm so afraid of preteen/teen years!
Meri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #20
tlaquepaque
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS used to eat anything and everything and would totally eat veggies first. He didn't eat french fries or pizza or anything unhealthy UNTIL he turned 4. Now he wants to eat what all the other kids eat.

Oh, and DD would lick a piece of mac and cheese and then smash the broccoli into her high chair tray and then dump the rest on the floor. But she doesn't really eat anything besides smoothies.

Last edited by tlaquepaque; 06-26-2008 at 06:45 PM.
tlaquepaque is offline   Reply With Quote