Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
medtechbeck
Registered Users

? for Avent Isis Users

1) Do you like your pump?

2) How much can you get a pumping and how long does it take? Is it too slow for a daily pumping at work?

3) Do the petals really help with letdown (I have a letdown problem - I get the tingle but only a trickle of milk)?

Advertisement

medtechbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? for Avent Isis Users

First, what type of Isis? manual, or electric Uno or Duo?
I have the Duo and love it. I was using a Medela Symphony (hosp grade/rental) for 3 mos before I got the Isis Duo and I immediately was able to get more milk in a shorter period of time. On average, I could empty my breasts in 5-10min. I never could use those petal things. I needed the larger shield size and the petals did not accommodate the size of my nipples or allow me to get a good enough suction. HTH.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
chicarubia15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtechbeck View Post

2) How much can you get a pumping and how long does it take? Is it too slow for a daily pumping at work?

3) Do the petals really help with letdown (I have a letdown problem - I get the tingle but only a trickle of milk)?
1) Yes. I have the manual one though so not sure if my answers are what you are looking for. I just use it occasionally to store a few bottle for later to add to thinning out homemade baby food.
2) I have only gotten 5oz max at one time. But I also don't do it very often. And my hand gets tired of the manual pump.
3) Unsure because I've not had any problems with letdown. Somedays it takes a little bit to get going, others it's right away.

HTH! Good luck!

chicarubia15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
bellydancer1973
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the Avent Isis when my first was born. It works well enough to pump for an occasional evening out, but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use. I got 4-5 oz in 20-30 mins and it didn't fit well around my nipples. This time around, I got a Evenflo Comfort for about the same money. It works very well. The adapter is much more powerful than the batteries, and I can get 8 oz in 30 mins-or I could last time I used it, when my babe was 3-4 months old.

IHA:3 Mutts still available. If you don't like my price, make me an offer!
bellydancer1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
pixilated
Registered Users
seller

I liked it, as long as I didn't use the petal things. However, I've discovered that I prefer the Medela Harmony over the Isis, hands down. I do use the hand pumps at work, I only work part time(2-3 days a week, 5-8 hours a shift), so something quick to set up and use is a bonus.
I've always responded well to a pump, so quantity pumped has never been an issue.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:57 AM   #6
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

I like it okay but have nothing to compare it to since it's the only thing I've ever used. I have the Isis manual and I usually am done after about 10 minutes per side. Sometimes I get an ounce total, sometimes five ounces per breast. I do feel that the petals help with letdown, since I can reposition to where the petals are in a different position and get more milk out after letdown slows.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #7
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtechbeck View Post

1)YES!

2)Sometimes I can get about 10oz on ONE side in about 5 minutes (but this is my 2nd time BF'ing that I've had TONS of milk...that's why I'm pumping to donate this time LOL). At the least I get about 4-5oz per size in about 5-7 minutes. I've never pumped for/at work so I don't know about that.

3) I usually get a letdown everytime I use it. I NEVER got a letdown with my previous manual pump.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #8
sunygrrl
Registered Users

I love my Isis manual. I use it to pump daily. I pump about 4 times a day. I pump at least once a day at work and usually get around 10 oz total. It takes about 10 minutes. It's easy to use and assemble and doesn't make any noise if you're worried about that for work. I put everything together at home so it's ready to go then when I'm done I just remove the pump from the bottle and put the lid on and then I store the whole bag in the refrigerator at work. I've never had a problem with let down or with the pump.
sunygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
Happygrl6
Registered Users
seller

I have the Isis manual and I loved it with DD! But not for everyday pumping. Unfortunately, the little petal part got lost in our last move. And I haven't been able to find a way to purchase just that part. I bought a Medela Harmony and I do NOT like it. The Isis worked much better for me.

ISO Boyish Side-snapping AI2s in Mediums, especially Grasshoppers diapers
Happygrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
Calliope
Registered Users

Just wanted to chime in that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my manual Avent Isis pump. I have used it through 3 kiddos. Currently, I use it once a day usually, and can get 5-6 ounces total. This is in the morning, about 1/2 hour after LO eats. I have no problems with let down, and I do not use the petal thingy. I only pump maybe 10 minutes max. I can't say enough great things about my Isis!! Also, my DH melted a part (long story) while I was using it with my second child, and I called Avent. They sent me a replacement, with additional parts for a super reasonable rate and free shipping, and I got it within days. Their customer service was terrific!!
Calliope is offline   Reply With Quote