Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #31
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

Re: Does anyone here have a son with adhd?

So I ordered the Homipathic Med's from Vaxa last week my son has been taking for a week and cant belive the results so far.they give a full refund if they dont work for your child empty bottle. maybe you should try these GL

Advertisement

earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #32
ladylee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthEmama View Post
So I ordered the Homipathic Med's from Vaxa last week my son has been taking for a week and cant belive the results so far.they give a full refund if they dont work for your child empty bottle. maybe you should try these GL
Serious? What are you noticing? What is the link or information for this?

I don't know if I mentioned this but anytime I have "fake" sugar in my diet, I really get ramped up. I do not consume anymore of that stuff and just go full sugar LOL. That still ramps me up but not as bad as fake sugar and other fake foods (like another pp mentioned). This week I am on a completely horrible fast food "diet" and feel completely scattered (dx ADHD).

Last edited by ladylee; 04-15-2009 at 11:37 PM.
ladylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #33
ABCDE Family
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof6 View Post
very ture about deit and what you are feeding your child!
a good friend of mine has two with adhd and one is Autistic
she use to be a RN now after 6 years of school shes a nutritionist
and this is what she does is help parents with changing there childen
and turning around there lifes though food!
her kids and not on any meds and have not been for 4 years now..
it realy can't tell they have issues at all!
she has helped me alot with my daughter, my dd had health issues from birth very very bad asthma,allergies,etc. shes now OFF the meds (my doctor thinks i'm nuts)
we use juiceplus! it's a life saver for everyone!
also no food coloring/dyes
NO msg, cut WAYYYYYYY back on sugar, no junk
I cook everything so I know whats going in the meals, no "fake" foods
I totally agree! The most frustrating thing is everyone around you with the lack of knowledge about the "diet" thing that you get unwanted opponions and thoughts when you THE PARENT makes + choices for YOUR KIDS. It's not even a DIET. It's the natural way of eating brought back from the "old days" That was/is frust. for me but I am learning to deal with it. My DH LOVES the natural/organic way but we still have a long way to "crunchiness"
A for mom and Wife, B for DS#2, C for DH whom I LOVE, D for DS#1, E for DS#3, F for DS#4 and G for DD#5 ...Skipping down the CRUNCHY path
ABCDE Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #34
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylee View Post
Serious? What are you noticing? What is the link or information for this?

I don't know if I mentioned this but anytime I have "fake" sugar in my diet, I really get ramped up. I do not consume anymore of that stuff and just go full sugar LOL. That still ramps me up but not as bad as fake sugar and other fake foods (like another pp mentioned). This week I am on a completely horrible fast food "diet" and feel completely scattered (dx ADHD).
For my son accompanied with the ADHA diet (Im not strict as I should be) we purchased the strategy pack
http://www.vaxa.com/add-support.cfm
you can google this and read up on other experience's with this if you PM I can get you a free shipping code if your going to purchase LMK

For sweeteners: have you tried Stevia to sweeten your food here is a link for that to get more info: http://www.stevia.com/ GL mama
earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #35
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom and I feel that my DSS (9, almost 10) has ADHD. DH was diagnosed in 1st grade and turned into a zombie and doesn't want that for DSS, so he doesn't want official testing done. That and with court issues, he doesn't want anything mandating he do medications - I don't know that they even would mandate that, but that's DH's concern.

My mom homeschools him for us and the only problems he has are with paying attention. Math is the biggest problem - he CAN do math and he's very good at it... when he's doing right thing. Quite often he doesn't take the time to find out what he's really supposed to be doing and works an entirely different problem with the information he's given.. but he gets the right answer to the problem he did do! Math often takes them almost 2 hours to get through, unless my mom sits there and reads through each and every problem with him. If she's not in the room, he does the wrong work, wanders out of the room, starts drawing in the back of his book . If someone is in the room but not working through the problems with him, he decides it's social hour. 'Social hour' is the entire reason we started homeschooling him! He spent all of his time playing and had no clue what he was supposed to be doing.

At home, he is constantly talking. DH and I are introverted so it drives us nuts after a short while! We can't give him directions that are multi-step; he forgets immediately. He can't hold a conversation very long, despite constantly talking. He'll forget what was being discussed part way through. He asks a question, we respond, and he's clueless about what the response is referring to. Last Monday he was getting dressed for cub scouts and wasn't accomplishing the goal of buttoning his shirt because the tv was on. DH calls him stupid and a TV zombie, but doesn't get that the TV itself is NOT the issue - it's the fact that it's moving and distracting him. He really was trying to get that shirt buttoned.

We are deciding whether or not to have DSS in public school next year. DH doesn't agree with me that DSS is doing good homeschooling, and DSS thinks being in public school will get him "friends and a girlfriend." *eyeroll on the girlfriend - he'll be 10! Not happening.* He hasn't been able to make close friends with any of the boys he's been in scouts with the last 4 years because they kind of view him as the weird kid. He's totally a chameleon - he's always trying to act like whatever he thinks is cool to the person he's with. The worst culprits are his older cousin and any of my or DH's friends. I wouldn't mind if he acted like himself at the same time.

I got some Omega 369 to try but haven't yet. I'm worried that I won't be able to get DSS to take it..
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #36
jade1930
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest DS is ADHD, so bad that I had a ped who threaten to report me to DCF if I didn't put him on Ritalin(at 5 years old). What a horrible experience! I put him on the "Feingold" diet. You can find the book at the library. It was very difficult to adhere to but it was worth every minute of it. We discovered what would set him off, think Jekell and Hyde(yogurt, yoo-hoos and bbq potato chips?). Other things would effect him too but once we adjusted his diet and put him on a strict daily routine, the results were amazing. He has a 504 plan at his school with the diagnoses of "Other health disorders". He is now 17, can actually sit for more than a minute and somewhat focus. He is an honor roll student and has gradually come out of his shell and make friends. It is a process and now I have a 2 year old who is very similar to DS1. It is very frustrating but diet and routine is the key.