Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
marcia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
potty training question

so, my 19 month old will not keep anything on her butt.
my grandma was babysitting during the day while i was going to school. grandma refused to do cloth. now that it is summer, when i put cloth on her, she screams. she fights me with disposables sometimes, but less than with disposables.
she was interested in the potty chair. i got her some cheap gerber training underwear to once in a while put her in.

now. here is my problem. she will sit and play on the potty chair as long as she has a diaper and clothes on.
she WILL NOT pee bare butt on the potty. she will run around the house with nothing on, and NOT PEE. she HATES the wetness going down her legs. she did it one time, and froze and screamed!!
if i put a cloth training pants on her she is fine, till she has to pee. she will take them off and then cry. she will find a disposable and bring it to me and cry till i put it on her. 5 mins later, she rips it off cause it is wet.

i know it sounds as simple now that i type this out to just not use the disposables and/hide them... but i dont want her to hold her pee or be scared to go pee. i dont want to do that cause it can also cause bladder infections.

i am not pushing potty training. if she does, great. if she doesnt, no big deal. she is still young.
and i dont want her to be afraid of the potty chair either cause i know it will cause problems when she gets older.

so, any ideas

Advertisement

marcia is offline   Reply With Quote