Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #11
My Mood:
Re: Tell me why you LIKE to WOH...

Thanks to whoever posted this. Too many times women do what they think everyone expects of them instead of what is right for them.
I hear THAT!

JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I desperately need some grown up time. It makes me a better mommy. When it's just me and the baby monster all day I feel my patience wearing thin by the end of that day.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #13
lucy menard
Registered Users
My Mood:

I work part time cooking at a cafe. I of course need the money to live, but even if I didn't, I'd probably do it anyway. I love my job! It's hands-on, low-stress and gives me a chance to miss the little guy.
I also love my flexible schedule. Gabriel splits time either home with me or my boyfriend, or at my parents. This way we all have energy for him and he gets plenty of fun activities and trips between the four of us.
lucy menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I really enjoy WOH. If we could afford to have one parent SAH, which we may be able to do in a few years, it'd be my husband. I work in engineering for a major pipeline company.

1) I need set schedules and deadlines, when I'm at home I feel lost as to what to do
2) I love having adult interaction that does not include talking about children or babies or diapers or anything
3) I love my ME time on the bus on the way to and from work, I can sit, listen to music, relax and unwind. It's the only Me time I ever get.
4) I love the money it brings in and the freedom to do other things that we might not be able to do if we only had one income
5) I love the work I do
6) I don't drive, so even when I stayed at home I couldn't much go anywhere far, DH drives so he's better suited to SAH.
indigenist, intactivist, lactivist vegetarian supermama to Trey, 10/03 and Theo, 09/07.
IDesperateSO Personal Enlightenment and a Full Bank Account - Don't sell to me!
naivete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #15
Registered Users

I'm gearing up to WOH starting next week. I'll be back in school in a very full-time program. I'm looking forward to it - I've really missed my field (medicine), the people and the topics that I'm exposed to there.

If I have a major change of attitude and can't handle leaving the girl, we will be up the creek because I've already accrued a lot of student debt and at this point pretty much have to push on through residency and work a few years to get back to ground zero... but I've already spent the occasional day at the hospital and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the girl more, too, after having been gone.

Our long-term plan involves a SAH dad, too! My husband doesn't love his field the way I do, and is a much more active busy beaver with household improvements and house-engineering type stuff that is great with kids if done slowly and safely. Before we were married he was involved in teaching Boy Scouts, and I didn't so much gravitate towards kids. Eventually I'll make enough money to liberate him to stay at home with our brood and take them on nature walks. That was always our plan - I'll gestate and nurse them, then it's his turn!
full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to Anja Rose born at home 12/26/07 cautiously expecting #2 in early May 2010 while nursing my toddler 100% CD in prefolds, flats, and my own handknit wool
wobitnobby is offline   Reply With Quote