Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Arrow EXERCISE ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD Week of June 30

Mon- run/jog for 45 minutes and weights STEPS: 15,500
Tues- run 20 min (that's it!!) STEPS: ?? broke pedometer
Wed- jog for 30 min STEPS: 17,900
Thurs- jog for 30 min STEPS: 16,500
Fri- no work out STEPS: 10,100
Sat- jog for 30 mins: 13,900
Sun-

I won't be able to make it to yoga classes for a couple of weeks. DD#1 has swim lesson every morning, so most classes are out. I'm going to be sick of that treadmill by the time July 11th rolls around.

Advertisement

Last edited by Namaste; 07-06-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Re: EXERCISE ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD Week of June 30

OK, I'm in again.

DELAY IN POSTING B/C OF FAMILY VISIT (went down to DC)

Monday: Salsa class with DH for 1:15. Darn pedometer didn't pick up on all of it! Need to tread harder and readjust where I have it--closer to the point of my hip! 3221 steps total.

Tuesday: Exercise study day. Treadmill (with grade), stationary bike (15.5 mph), and some floor-work and stretching to cool down. Total steps: 6894

Wednesday: Went to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in D.C. (via metro), did some salsa dancing there with DH to live music. Later on, had dinner and a walk in Oldtown Alexandria. Total steps: 7321.

Thursday: Shopping and errands in the DC area, and an evening walk with DH and our niece (1.25 miles?). Total steps: 6811.

Friday: Mainly a driving day (home from DC) with some walking to get to a fireworks spot. Total steps: 4832.

Saturday: Mostly work around the house (and recovering from visit with ILs). Evening walk with DH. Total steps: 4496.

Sunday: Brief walk with my friend and her 5-week-old, mainly work around the house. Total steps: 4413.

Last edited by mcbruhn; 07-07-2008 at 07:12 AM.
mcbruhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Me 2 - Sunday is still a day of rest 4 me. Shooting for an hour of cardio each day this week! Wish me luck! And Good luck to you gals! I'm gonna try 2 eat lil healthier, too, but I'm craving SODA, BADDD!

Monday: 1 Hour on Treadmill (Fat Burn Prgm) 193.8 lbs
Tuesday: 30 Min on Treadmill - Strength Training - 193.8 lbs
Wednesday: Serious housework & packing - getting on the road...........
Thursday: Probably won't do much of nothing
Friday: Again, nuttin
Saturday: More nothing I bet

Be Back Next Week
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.

Last edited by duck411; 07-02-2008 at 03:21 PM.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
graymojo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't do anything all weekend. Between work and dh being sick, there just wasn't time.

So...
Monday: two mile walk with Grace in a carrier on my shoulders. One hour of yoga.
Tuesday: same as monday

www.turtleheadsteaandcoffee.com

Last edited by graymojo; 07-01-2008 at 08:53 PM.
graymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
misty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do you do these every week? i need to start up again so badly. my brain and body want to exercise so badly and i think about it every night while laying in bed. problem...this is so hard for me to say...i've become lazy!!! i'm tired all the time. i know exercise will give me energy. i have always exercised until #2 came and for some reason i can't get my butt back to it. i have this awesome elliptical trainer that stares at me everyday. i wake up and say today is the day i am going to start again, even if i have to put dd in the sling. i need/want to get this flab back into shape so bad. i feel so awful about myself and sometimes don't want to go anywhere cuz i hate what i am seeing in the mirror. how can someone want something so badly and do nothing about it. i also love eating healthy but have gotten so far into junk that when i'm looking at "strawberries vs. choco cookie", the cookie wins and then another and yet another. this is so who i don't want to be and wasn't 2 years ago. i just have no self-control. there are so many reasons to get back into "healthy". what is wrong with me? anyway, i guess i needed to get that out. sorry, i know it doesn't belong here.

i do want to know about this weekly though. maybe that would help me. i just don't know! thanks!
serving my #1-Jesus Christ; helper, lover, friend to eric and blessed to be a sahm (though working 24/7) to ella gracie (03/05/03) and abigail ann (02/04/07) and levi david (8/16/10).

Last edited by misty; 07-01-2008 at 12:27 PM.
misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
racha710
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope you don't mind another mamma joining in, but I NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE! My dd is 5mo and I am about 5lbs from my pre- preggo weight with her, but still another 10 away from where I want to be. (where I was before ds who is almost 2 1/2) so 15lbs to lose, I am hoping to lose half of it by September. My other goal is to run a 5k in 27 minutes, and I don't care how many seconds it could be 27:59 & I would have still reached my goal! I am running a 5k on the 4th to see how "slow" I currently am.

So for the Week:

Monday: made the descision to get off my lazy butt

Tuesday: Swim 20 minutes - so slow, & so different then running, funny how I can run 6 miles and not be winded, but just 1 lap in a pool has me begging for air

Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:
Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
racha710
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty View Post
do you do these every week? i need to start up again so badly. my brain and body want to exercise so badly and i think about it every night while laying in bed. problem...this is so hard for me to say...i've become lazy!!! i'm tired all the time. i know exercise will give me energy. i have always exercised until #2 came and for some reason i can't get my butt back to it. i have this awesome elliptical trainer that stares at me everyday. i wake up and say today is the day i am going to start again, even if i have to put dd in the sling. i need/want to get this flab back into shape so bad. i feel so awful about myself and sometimes don't want to go anywhere cuz i hate what i am seeing in the mirror. how can someone want something so badly and do nothing about it. i also love eating healthy but have gotten so far into junk that when i'm looking at "strawberries vs. choco cookie", the cookie wins and then another and yet another. this is so who i don't want to be and wasn't 2 years ago. i just have no self-control. there are so many reasons to get back into "healthy". what is wrong with me? anyway, i guess i needed to get that out. sorry, i know it doesn't belong here.
I am just joining in myself, so I am assuming that they will keep it going every week., Just wanted to say I know how you feel with the cookies, I am here typing my workouts while eating 2 cookies, ugh, but I am just tackling one thing at a time. Exercise is first, then once that is going well I will start to change my eating more.

Good luck and now is as good as time as any to start!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the same boat - exercise routine establishment comes first - then once I'm in a good groove w/ that I'll adjust my eating habits accordingly. Although I don't think I'm doing too bad, cept for the major soda cravings... which have landed me a horrible UTI. Anyhoo - yeah - we start a new thread each week, we encourage each other and hold each other accountable (not too critically tho, more in a motivational sense). I think I'm gonna add a picture of my flab on here to motivate me.... LOL. and take a new pic once a month til i reach my goal... i already do the daily weigh in... which i may oughta switch to weekly - might make me work harder, idk......Welcome you 2! And Good luck! Sounds like you don't have too far 2 go, I've got another 48.5 lbs on my hands (well, on my butt, hips, thights, stomach, arms, you name it! :giggle2) Look forward to seeing your posts around here!
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Join in! Yes! Everyone can play and yes, I plan to start a new one every week.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #10
misty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok...i just exercised! i can't believe i finally did it. i also didn't eat as much junk yesterday as i usually do.

wednesday: elliptical trainer for 35 min. and some ball exercises. (i put on some shorts to exercise in and just about threw up- i can't believe how bad i look.)
thursday: same as yesterday! yay! yay! yay!
friday: 2 20 min walks (i need to get one of those counter things, i'll look on ebay)
saturday: my every effort keeps getting shot down. but...the day's not over yet, i'm still planning on ittook a walk around our streests pulling both dds in wagon. not too good-i had no energy
sunday: good day, made up for yesterday. 40 min on et(dd in sling) and full workout on ball, added weights.
serving my #1-Jesus Christ; helper, lover, friend to eric and blessed to be a sahm (though working 24/7) to ella gracie (03/05/03) and abigail ann (02/04/07) and levi david (8/16/10).

Last edited by misty; 07-07-2008 at 02:06 AM.
misty is offline   Reply With Quote