Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
alysaysrelax
Registered Users

My Mood:
I start my new job in 3 hours!I can't sleep.(sorta ranty)

Hi ladies!
I'm really just posting because I am nervous and cannot sleep.

I was at my last job for 4 years,I worked through many divisions of a large bank as a call center rep
My last position at "the bank"(which is what we called it) consisted of banking sales and let me tell you it was awful.I mean who wants to be sold something when they are calling into their bank KWIM?
Their compersation started out decent,I would make an approximate 600 dollars extra a month just by getting people to open new accounts and there were people who would make almost 2000 EXTRA!,apply for loans and equities and lines of credits.They changed their compensation plans and how people got paid,the economy took a pretty nasty turn,no one was getting approved for loans,we had lots of bank fraud...It got to a point where their compensation was horrid,sometimes we would work our a$$e$ off and then the whole department(over 300 employees) wouldn't get paid.Yet,we were still expected to sell,what previously would earn me 400 dollars extra a month got me 60-90 dollars and I am not exxagerating.

Anyway,I ended up leaving at the end of May,my boss,basically said,you have two weeks to improve your sales performance or you will be forced to resign.
I was not the only one either,the people who were not meeting their sales goals were in the majority.

I left,and it took me almost a month to get a new job!Let me tell you I have so much respect for SAHM's because I just cannot do it!
My new job is with another bank but no sales.I am super nervous.
My previous job's dress code was lax and I could wear jeans everyday so I had no dress up clothes,luckily I was given the option to receive a lump sum payment minus taxes for my 401k and was able to get some clothes.

This turned out long!Thank you for reading and wish me lots of luck tomorrow!

Advertisement

alysaysrelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
Mommimi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I start my new job in 3 hours!I can't sleep.(sorta ranty)

How is your new gig coming along. Hope you're doing well. Sales is hard and definitely not for everyone. I used to be in Sales too, but in my sales job we had to dress up. I still have some very nice suits size 2 and 4 that I couldn't bare to get rid of and has been sitting in the closet for years (you interested?). I'm embarrass to say what size I am now.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

I sold real estate for the past 3.5 years. My wardrobe could best be described as "upscale soccor mom." I got lucky and got a bunch of new clothes on ebay for dirt cheap.

I was a shining star in that business until the market took a turn. It took me MONTHS to find a new job. But now I have. This job is great, but the location sucks!

Anyway - how did your new gig turn out? I hope that it went well!
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
alysaysrelax
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommimi View Post
How is your new gig coming along. Hope you're doing well. Sales is hard and definitely not for everyone. I used to be in Sales too, but in my sales job we had to dress up. I still have some very nice suits size 2 and 4 that I couldn't bare to get rid of and has been sitting in the closet for years (you interested?). I'm embarrass to say what size I am now.
Im not quite a size 4,but thank you for offering.I love it,the atmosphere is fantastic,and it is completely different.I don't feel like I am being micro managed,and it is super simple to get my foot in the door.
alysaysrelax is offline   Reply With Quote