Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
momofapeanut
Registered Users
seller

Teething Question

My 4.5 month old is starting on solids - she's mostly BF, but has expressed alot of interest in solid foods. she's also teething. She's usually got one of those teething rings in her mouth, I now have a whole slew of them. I also read about how letting them chew on certain fruits/veggies is good for teething. I have one of those things from munchkin - with the mesh and the ring. Is it ok to maybe freeze a banana and put it in that even if I haven't gotten to much solid food yet? Just this week she started some rice cereal and I don't want to introduce too much too fast.

Anyone have any advice/information on that?

Advertisement

momofapeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teething Question

putting a piece of frozen or really cold fruit in the mesh feeders is a good idea for the teething. If you don't want to put food in there, you can put an ice cube in there.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
curlytop
Registered Users

Another idea since your baby is still young would be freezing breastmilk in ice trays and then putting that in the mesh feeder. I almost did this a few weeks ago when my 7 month old was sick and not nursing well.
curlytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlytop View Post
Another idea since your baby is still young would be freezing breastmilk in ice trays and then putting that in the mesh feeder. I almost did this a few weeks ago when my 7 month old was sick and not nursing well.
that thought occured to me, but because my milk is so precious I couldn't even bring myself to suggest it Just the thought of that greedy kid (Duckie) getting my frozen milk cube all melty and all over his clothes and who knows what else freaked me out. I worked hard to pump that milk and by golly he's gonna drink it if it's the last thing he does
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote