Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Jaimee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Midwife/Birth Information for Towson area?

My family will be moving into a house in Towson in less than two months (we're currently in Austin, TX). I am in my first trimester with #2 and will need to find a midwife shortly after we arrive to start prenatal appoinments. I would like to go for a homebirth, but I know nothing about the birth situation in Towson (or Maryland in general!). I am wondering about the following things:

-Homebirth midwives in the Towson area: recommendations please!

-Birth center(s) in the area: where are they? Are they in danger of closing? What has been your experience with the service? Do they have birthing tubs?

-Hospitals in the area: where are they? Are they unmedicated-birth friendly? Are midwives allowed to practice there? Do they have birth tubs and can you birth in the water? Do they encourage breastfeeding and rooming in? Are there any OB's in the area that are great advocates for unmedicated birth?

-Doulas: recommendations please!

-Insurance: has anyone managed to have a home birth covered by their Marlyand insurance? If so, what insurance did you have? Was it covered up front or did you have to file after the fact?

-Anything else I should be aware of?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Advertisement