Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

Re: I was assaulted at work today...

OMgosh! I'm so sorry you went through this. No advice as to how to talk to DH, but I hope you can work things out with him. And I hope someone identifies the jerk who did this.

Advertisement

Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #12
annanicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

All of our planned parent hoods you have to be buzzed in to the office, and they won't buzz you in until they see your drivers license and confirm you have an appointment.

I'm so sorry you went through this. I used to cocktail waitress in college so I had my fair share of innapropriate touching and so forth. But I had a great bouncer.

And heck yeah you are much safer away from dementia patients. They become violent with no prior warning. I used to volunteer in a nursing home.

BTW thanks for working at Planned parenthood and not giving out names!!!! that's such an important job!
Old 07-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #13
wobitnobby
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by annanicole View Post
BTW thanks for working at Planned parenthood and not giving out names!!!! that's such an important job!
full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to Anja Rose born at home 12/26/07 cautiously expecting #2 in early May 2010 while nursing my toddler 100% CD in prefolds, flats, and my own handknit wool
wobitnobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

sorry you got hurt mama, your dh is trying to protect you like pp's said, i hope the guy doesn't come back, if he does walk out of his view and see if someone else that works there can stall him while you call the police to come pick him up.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
sorry you got hurt mama, your dh is trying to protect you like pp's said, i hope the guy doesn't come back, if he does walk out of his view and see if someone else that works there can stall him while you call the police to come pick him up.
The plan now is that if we see him again, we push the panic button immediately. THe police show up quickly if we do that (I did it inadvertantly once, I'm tall, and my knees hit the spot where one of them is hidden ). AND we removed the mug full of pens from the counter.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #16
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annanicole View Post
All of our planned parent hoods you have to be buzzed in to the office, and they won't buzz you in until they see your drivers license and confirm you have an appointment.

We're in the process of updating our sites one at a time (the affiliate I work for has three sites) to include security measures like these.
Thanks for the kudos. I was scared to post where I work here for a LONG time, but I'm not ashamed. If other people don't like me because of it, it's their loss.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #17
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry honey! My DH is JUST like that! Do what feels right and you sound alot like me.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #18
mamaholdyou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yikes! My DH would be on a hunt for the guy! I would probably have to explain the bruise anyway. I had a patient's family member flip a knife out in a threating way ...but it really wasnt really directed at me. I told DH and he wanted to call the police but I was actually friends with the persons nephew so I just called him to have him come in and deal with it. People do all kinds of stupid stuff when they are stressed or sick so I'm always afraid I'm going to get clobbered whether by accident or on purpose.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #19
Javamama
HAHA! Wait. What?
seller

My Mood:

ummmm i would be livid and i think your dh is just being protective
this man needs to be charged w/ assault. did you press charges? you really need to not let him get away with this.
we all get upset, but we learn to deal w/ things in a non-violent manner.
i am sorry this happened to you

Javamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #20
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a nurse in an ICU and was punched in the stomach by a patient when I was 27 weeks pregnant. We also filed a police report. the person is currently waiting for sentencing. The police dept. here took it very seriously. Just because they are stressed or upset doesn't mean we, as healthcare workers, have to be abused! This woman deliberatley hit me because she was mad the blood pressure cuff woke her up. Keep after the police and they can and will charge this idiot. You can also contact the DA office and make sure they are staying on top of it. Sorry mama, that sucks!