Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
Girlsmum
Registered Users

My Mood:
Anyone have success at relactation??

I'm attempting to relactate for my twin girls after 21 months of no milk production. I'm on day 4 of dry pumping with all the supplementation so that I can begin to see a few drops hopefully soon. Looking for encouragement and ANY success stories to keep me going. This is something I wish I had known about way before now but better to know now that 6 years down the road when it would be really too late. I did exclusive pumping for 3 months but NO support and not enough support and SOO tired. I'm in a totally different place now and so ready to do this for my girls!!

Advertisement

~Pat~ , loving wife to "D", mom to teen "V", twins "S/C", privileged owner of Rainbow and Lollipop and our duckies, chickens and quail! In memory of my Sophia - Child of Light, taken too soon by cancer!

Girlsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Jekky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have success at relactation??

I just wanted to say good for you and good luck!
Are you tryin gone of those supplemental nursers as well? That way your breats would get the most stimulation.
Jekky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
junebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i don't have a success story to share but just wanted to say: how great!!!
keep it up mama, you'll see some milk soon! are you getting any help from a LC?
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
MisanthropeKitty
Registered Users

i second pp about the sns, your daughters would be more effective at helping you relactate! good luck! are you taking any supplements to help with production?
MisanthropeKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW momma, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!! I don't have a success story, But you should REALLY look into LaLeche they have consultants to help with specific things! Or try your Health Department, Ours here has lactation consultants too!KEEP it up and DONT be discouraged, there is LOTS of supportive mommas here! HUGS! Chasity
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
Girlsmum
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm taking fenugreek only for now and I have to get back in touch with my LLL leader and ask about a LC cuz I need someone here to keep me motivated. My girls will not be of any help yet as they don't understand BF'ing, they never latched, I pumped exclusively at their birth since their sucking ability was very weak. But I'm doing much more now to help with relactation AND to increase and keep my milk supply, more water, eating my oatmeal, just eating MORE!! I need the fat to lactate better.

Today is day 5 of pumping, hoping for one of my ducts to spill open soon, they are visible now.
~Pat~ , loving wife to "D", mom to teen "V", twins "S/C", privileged owner of Rainbow and Lollipop and our duckies, chickens and quail! In memory of my Sophia - Child of Light, taken too soon by cancer!

Old 07-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Go Mama Go!!! You can do it. I don't have experience with it either, but I do have experience nursing twins. Mine are 6 months. Great job!!!! There is a good company called Mother Love. I think it's motherlove.com. They have some really good supplements for milk production. I have taken their More Milk Plus in the past and liked it. I also have used brewers yeast. Brewers yeast really, really helps me. Some people say it causes gas in the kiddos, but I've never had that problem with my 3. Keep it up. You are doing a great thing for your twins.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
redone5683
Banned

I think you have a virtual cheer leading team!! GO MAMA!! Keep us updated!!
redone5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
Lizzys4
Registered Users

Wow that is great that you want to relactate for you girls. I am a La Leche League Leader and have seem moms relactate maybe not a full supply but a partial supply. It sounds like you would just be doing a partial supply as I assume they eat table foods. Were you planning to express or put them to the breast? There are some supplements that help bring in a milk supply. Because it's been so long you will have to be very patient with yourself. If you go to kellymom.com or wishgardenherbs.com you could find some supplements that help to increase a supply and or help bring it back. Milk thistle is another one and Fenugreek. These are found at your local health food stores. If you'd like more help you can email me. Good luck. :0)
Lizzys4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #10
Girlsmum
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, all this encouragement and I'm feeling so discouraged today. I guess there are more hormones involved in bf'ing than I was reading about and I am SOO tired and nautious kinda like as if I was pregnant which is impossible due to a bad interfering call by my MIL who felt I was too old to have more children. That part's a long story, but if there is hormonal activity(I read that lactation was all pituitary gland) I'm not sure I have the physical or emotional strength to stick with it. I have only my DH to support me at home, even my teen is not very supportive. I don't care what other's think, those who don't think bf'ing is important but if they see how weak I am, I'll get plenty of flack for that. I'm at a loss today, I just want to sleep, NO appetite.

And of course I just want to cry as well, I'll save that for bedtime.