Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #11
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleep Training! Help Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace View Post
I guess the way I feel about it is if you're going to enforce night waking by going to them and nursing, etc. then you are going to have a night waker. Plain and simple. Some people don't mind it, but I did. And it sounds as though you may be getting tired of it as well. You've got to think about it this way, you can't be frustrated at a baby who you have trained to be this way. If you don't want her waking at night then stop enforcing it.
That is the whole point, I want to stop reinforcing it... But I need a way to do it without DD screaming for 2 hours and making herself sick in the process...

Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #12
steely_cass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to agree with the No Cry Sleep Solution. I am ok with letting DD cry some, but didn't want to hear her cry for long periods of time. So I did NCSS but instead of no crying I went with no screaming. My DD sounds like yours. Even if we are rocking her and holding her all night, she has to cry a little. Now, we lay her down (slightly drowsy) and after a few minutes of wimpering she goes to sleep. It took 3 months to get to this point, but it is SOO much better!
steely_cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #13
mlaughlin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi there, My first DS was like this....I swear it's the first child syndrome!

We tried everything with him, every method, from putting him down drowsy to CIO and nothing worked. He didn't even go down easily when co-sleeping, he would have the screaming fits while we even tried to rock him to sleep, the kind that would work him up into a sweat. I was so stressed because I was pregnant with DS #2 and I swore I was never going to sleep again. Then, one day, it was like a switch went off and he went to sleep on his own, with no hassles, no stress, nothing. He was about 2 1/2 when it happened, but it DID happen! He'll be 7 next month and he's the best sleeper in the world. He's the type that can't stay up late even when he tries....he'll try to stay up on a Friday night to watch a movie with us and his younger brother and he passes out by 9:30

I know that's not what you want to hear right now, but I wanted to offer encouragement and let you know that there is hope and it will get better!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You just described DDs sleep perfectly... now lets just hope I can get this sorted out before she is 2.5 because we are about to start TTC#2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaughlin View Post
Hi there, My first DS was like this....I swear it's the first child syndrome!

We tried everything with him, every method, from putting him down drowsy to CIO and nothing worked. He didn't even go down easily when co-sleeping, he would have the screaming fits while we even tried to rock him to sleep, the kind that would work him up into a sweat. I was so stressed because I was pregnant with DS #2 and I swore I was never going to sleep again. Then, one day, it was like a switch went off and he went to sleep on his own, with no hassles, no stress, nothing. He was about 2 1/2 when it happened, but it DID happen! He'll be 7 next month and he's the best sleeper in the world. He's the type that can't stay up late even when he tries....he'll try to stay up on a Friday night to watch a movie with us and his younger brother and he passes out by 9:30

I know that's not what you want to hear right now, but I wanted to offer encouragement and let you know that there is hope and it will get better!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #15
mlaughlin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope so too mama!