Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #11
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: are there any other....

Ok, thanks for letting me know what it was....

no, I am not one...LOL I think I am too fertile to support as many children as I could end up with..

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #12
MelissaCoffey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are.

I struggled for a long time after my last was born (well, my last living child) thinking I would just get pregnant right after having a baby. Not so.

Elijah was two years old before I got pregnant again. Matthew would have been our fifth baby and the day he died in my arms was the day I knew I would never be afraid of concieving again. I will never take my fertility or conception for granted again. If God can take me through laboring to give birth to a dying child, he can certainly handle the stress and financial part of having more children. He's bigger than all the reasons I ever had to doubt what I could/couldn't do.

I just pray that He fills my quiver until it's bursting at the seams. That may not be His plan, but boy do my arms ache right now. We had Matthew one month ago (on the 12th)...Hard not to think about on days like that.

Children are a blessing...in life and in death...in financial prosperity and in debt,...in a huge house or in a shack....I take the Bible on it's Word now...Blessing is a small word...but think about what it means. A Blessing will NEVER be a curse.
MelissaCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #13
Quiverfillin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AMEN!!

I'm so sorry for your loss Melissa. But, you've just put this into wonderful perspective. Children are a blessing, period. I'll be praying for you.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I'm so happy for both of you, that you feel God calling you this way. I can't imagine the grief of losing a child. They are indeed blessings, and I didn't mean to imply that they weren't.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #15
MelissaCoffey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just to clarify...I really didn't read any of the other replies before adding mine, so my post was in no way directed at anyone...I was more talking about my feelings on the matter and how they evolved and why they evolved...I guess a fancy way of talking to myself
MelissaCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #16
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Just to clarify mine, "I'm so happy for both of you" was sincere, not meant to be snarky. After I re-read it, I thought it might have sounded that way.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
daisybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think we are getting that way. We were somewhat using NFP with this last one. November was the last month we had decided we would be fine getting pregnant as we knew dh was going to deploy in August. Well, I guess God had bigger plans because I got pregnant in December when I thought we were safe. Now when we are discussing names for our boy, we say to each other that we can use that name for the next boy!! I know God will never give us more than we can handle!!
daisybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:48 PM   #18
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

we use NFP (and on occasion use a barrier but that is rare). We are probably going to ttc this month - I think I just had a positive OPK - and hubby keeps hugging me today and saying "Do ya wanna make a baby?" We have 6 now and the baby turned 1 today!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:01 PM   #19
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I would love to be but I've got a hubby that is materialistic. For some reason, his family, including himself, are stuck on "being financially stable" for kids. Yeah, it's nice to have some money to be able to buy them nice things, but that's not what life is all about. (IMHO) Not to mention, who REALLY is financially stable for children?

Thankfully, we do practice NFP and I pray that it helps to change his heart. I'm thinking his time in Iraq is starting to have an impact of the value of life as he's now telling me to be ready to get pregnant when he comes home for R&R. This from the same guy that rejoiced when he found out we were not pregnant this past january right before he deployed (We had a chemical pregnancy which resulted in miscarriage).

Melissa.. you said it the best, hon. I couldn't have phrased it better if I tried.

There is a quote I've thought of alot when the idea of quiverfull comes up. And I paraphrase: "In this society, people think debt is a curse and children are blessings. Yet people apply for the curse and curse the blessings. What's wrong with this picture?"

It's hard to put your complete trust in God... but He makes it worth it!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:57 PM   #20
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are back and fourth on this subject. i do believe and always have that NO matter wht you are doing to try to prevent pregnancy , if God wants to give you another child, he will.
I have always wanted as many as God can give me, but these days I am in doubt. I have had 3 children die, and I have 3 children living. I dont know i can take the pain of losing another. i know it is all the way it is in the Plan God has for me. But ya know.. I wish I wasnt trusted.
Today is jsut not a good day to answer tis question. but I do belive that all children are blessings and sent to us by God. it is our job to repect them and raise them, and love them 100%.
I guess if God wants me to have another child.. I definalty would for HIm..