Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Katesela
Registered Users
seller

I can't decide!!!!

I plan to use the Black Friday sales to revamp my stash. My go to diapers were kawaii pure & natural pockets, but she's starting to outgrow them and I hate stuffing them. I also use ragababe, which I love but occasionally leak during naps. I also have freetimes which never leak during laps but sometimes pee comes running right out if baby girl is sitting. I also (I know, I know) have bamboo prefolds that I use with wool. Those never leak but I get annoyed snappy-ing at every change, so I know I won't use those all the time.

So I'm torn. My first impulse was so switch over to cotton prefolds and PUL covers for trifolding. I did this when she was tiny and loved it, no leaks, and I never worried about getting them clean enough in my crappy HE front loader. I switched to bamboo when the poops got bigger and I needed to snappy because she soaked the cotton ones that way in under an hour, but I figure it'd be ok trifolded. BUT she's 6 months and super wriggly now, so I'm worried it'll be a pain to get them on her and the prefold may shift around. I can't really test this out with what I have now because I don't have covers that fit.

Which brings me to my other idea, nana's bottoms. I have 2 now I got to test and they're great, the ML size is perfect for her crazy long rise and so far no leaks. Butttt I'm worried about keeping them clean long term. I haven't actually had washing problems so far, cloth diapering since day 1, but I'm paranoid. On the other hand I love how easy AIO's are to use, and there's no worries of shifting.

I know I'm overthinking this, but help?

Advertisement

Katesela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

Re: I can't decide!!!!

I would go with the nb if you like them. Don’t worry about what "might be"....
Old 11-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesela View Post
BUT she's 6 months and super wriggly now, so I'm worried it'll be a pain to get them on her and the prefold may shift around. I can't really test this out with what I have now because I don't have covers that fit.
Buy covers with flaps to hold the prefold in place... capri, diaper safari, diaper rite, imagine AI2 Cover
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
WillowSage
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AppleCheeks can be used as pockets (and the insert agitates out) or you can use them as a cover and just lay the Applecheeks insert into the shell (top of AC inserts are supersoft fleece, with microfiber underneath). I love them because they work for me and for my husband, who refuses to stuff or unstuff, yet they dry much faster than an AIO
WillowSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
mmbixler
Registered Users
seller

You know what's best for you and her. At different times different things might work. Prefolds might not be that big an issue with covers with snaps. I like Thirsties better than Capris, but my baby is super wriggly and I manage quite allright. I get Indian prefolds at cottonbabies - as cheap as it can get. Also ordered a bunch of Assunta covers - looking forward to try them. The reviews are quite good and the price is unbeatable. Econobums are also good.
mmbixler is offline   Reply With Quote