Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Rude questions need good comebacks.....

hi ladies! i was just talking to a friend about people's RUDE comments when announcing a prengancy (i had quite a few myself when i told people about my pregnancy with jack) and we have agreed to have a really good set of responses for these rude comments/questions. (or at least what WE feel are rude, i'm sorry if someone here thinks they're not!).

i think that most rude questions deserve a response, but not necessarily an answer......so i'll give my ideas and let me know if you have any others!

me: "we're expecting in march!!"

friend or family member: "was this PLANNED???"

me: "we've always planned to have a happy family" (what do you think? would it shut them up? )

me: "well...i'm pregnant!"

friend: "was this a surprise????"

me: "we're surprised that our family could be so blessed!".

me: "we're pregnant!"

friend: "OMG, were you TRYING??"

me: "we try everyday to have a happy family". (this one is tough for me....i think i need a better comeback!)

ok.......so do you have any others?? my friend is TTC right now, and still nursing her first little one. she knows she's gonna get tons of "comments" and agrees with me that these questions deserve a REALLY good response!

Advertisement

Last edited by Fither; 10-02-2006 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typo
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rude questions need good comebacks.....

Good idea! I don't know why it is, but the first question out of anyone's mouth in any of the times I've announced a pregnancy was "Was it planned?". Like it's anyone's business anyway....

When I'm feeling snarky, though, I come back with some not so nice things myself. Just can't think of them at the moment.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Cadensmommy
Registered Users
seller

the worst comment I got with caden was from my mother in law she thew the bib i had given her that said I love grandma and said this is horrible all I could do is cry! good luck I know what you mean about people being rude!

Clarissa
Old 10-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadensmommy View Post
the worst comment I got with caden was from my mother in law she thew the bib i had given her that said I love grandma and said this is horrible all I could do is cry! good luck I know what you mean about people being rude!

Clarissa
OMG that is horrible!! How can people be that way??
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
Cadensmommy
Registered Users
seller

well my MIL is like that she is just a biatch if your not living your life the way she thinks you should she freeks out!
my hubby and i were only married 3 months we tried and concived in the first month of trying so she thought it was too soon. mind you we were together for 4 years prior to marrige

Clarissa
Old 10-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

My MIL was the only rude one I can think of and I think on her part she just does not think to begin with. To top it all off I was not planning on telling anyone till christmas day but she was making me mad so here is how it went.

I was fighting with hubby because his parents gave us a car ( It was very nice of them to do this but it really raised our ins.) and he was calling the ins comp to add the car, I asked him to wait till I got home from work so I could do it......I did not want his mother or father getting into my personal business (FIL is very much in our business all the time love him but he is noisy) So she gets on the phone and says well as I recall you are the one with the issues that make the ins higher. I was like WHAT are you talking about it has nothing to do with me (perfect driving record + I am over 25)................Now I am fumming and I tell her that it is not good for her to get me all worked up because I am pregant and I don't need the stress she says "yeah I figured you were" ( I was only 5 weeks) and that was it nothing else was ever said until he was born........YUP I will never forget that EVER.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW that sounds like my MIL! Not exactly but she makes comments all the time!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #8
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG what is wrong with people! Mamas I didn't get anything like that or I probably would have gone off on someone! I have been raising DSS since he's almost two and love him dearly as well but of COURSE it's totally different to have your own I mean you are creating life for godsakes, so there's a major bond there, ANYHOW, I had wanted a baby of my own for SO long, so when DH finally agreed to start TTC wow, and that it happened so fast! I swear I am glad no one made comments to me like that cause I would have been p***ed!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #9
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Dh's cousin said "well, you didn't PLAN this right?" Like that would have been just aweful.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #10
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is almost 2 and we have been thinking of getting pregnant. JUST THINKING! We are not yet sure of how we want our spacing. So the other day I say to MIL "Kyle is wanting to have another baby soon" and she says, "wouldn't it be better to wait until you are financially stable?" I am like we are, and she didn't say anything. (FYI- we have TWO homes, one that we rent and the other that we live in, all our bills are paid EARLY every month, we have one car that is paid off and one that should be paid off VERY soon, even though we just bought it almost a year ago, my husband works 12 hours a day and 7 days a week (and makes better $ than his dad!(I think), my husband has been a home owner since he was 22 (I think or 21), and not to mention that our credit score is like about 800 each. But NO we are not financially stable???? Don't you think that we should be able to decide when it is time to expand our family? DUH!!! When she says things like that (and she does all the time) I want to slap her!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote