Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #11
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Re: Rude questions need good comebacks.....

I hate it when people say "don't you know what causes that"???

Advertisement

Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #12
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

i think i would probably reply (to the planned/surprise/etc questions) "that's so thoughtful of you to be concerned about our sex life."
Old 10-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #13
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not to turn this into a MIL rant, but my MIL is no nosy that she said something to me when our dd was about a year that it is good to have kids close together, then pointed out how my nephew was not getting on well with his new baby brother, and she thought it was bc of the longer spacing bw them, etc. I said I thought I'd like to have kids about 2 years apart. I was never thinking at the time that she was fishing for info. Well, about 2 months after that I got pg. She was suspecting I guess, bc of that comment I'd made, and cornered my mother in the store and asked her point blank if I was pg. My mom didn't want to lie (even though I'd sworn her to secrecy ( I was only 5wks), so she figured it out. She then proceeded to tell her whole inbox by mistake! "I'm not supposed to know this, but....was how the email started.) I was so livid, and I am way careful now about everything I say to her.

SOrry, anyways, comebacks...

"we believe God plans all children."

I think there was a thread here awhile back about what to say when people ask if you're pregnant again....I"ll have to try to find it.

Right now I am sick of people asking if we're going to "try for the other gender" since we have two of the same. Maybe I'm happy with my beautiful children and don't need another to make my life complete?! DOn't mind me, I"m just postpartum!!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #14
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Hm, I need a good comeback for that too. I HATE when people ask if the pregnancy was planned. I know some people dont mind telling details like that, but from the time I was very little I always thought it was kind of negative when people talked about having a suprise pregnancy or something like that, I dont think it would make that person (the suprise baby) feel very nice to know that they were unplanned. I know some people dont care about talking about it, but I decided when I was little that I would never tell anyone my child was a suprise or unplanned because I didn't want to hurt the child's feelings. That being said, I do not want to lie about it, so I need a good way to tell people its not their business... The ones mentioned are ok but not my style. Lets think of some more!
Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #15
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, people don't know how to mind their own business.

Anyway, the worse one I ever got was from my FIL.... His response after we told him what was wrong with Bram (spelling it the best way I know how, to show his ignorant accent):

"Wull, watr ya'll gun do, just abowrt it?"

I was speechless.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #16
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i think too many people are just too nosey, mainly it will be the grandparents wanting to know if your ttc, and when you starte and how its too soon, how you should wait and space further apart.ugh, its annoying, we want 4 kids, my 2 we have are 2 years apart, this is the age gap i want between all 4 of the kids we end up receiving from above.
well my dd is sick and she is also at the time frame age to ttc NOW, i know i'm going to hear crap for it but at this point and after talking about this with some friends,and receiving awesome advice abut this is OUR family and expanding it is no one elses business so now i just don't care, i know my kids will grow up close and my baby girl will be healthy 100% again. i beleive god will take care of us and so i feel that we should continue to do as we planned.
as far as combacks for the rude comments, i'm not sure what i will say, i know the comments will be coming though..

Last edited by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox; 10-02-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #17
Cadensmommy
Registered Users
seller

OMG that is terrible!!! he looks perfect from the pic in your av! beautiful boy!

Clarissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
Ugh, people don't know how to mind their own business.

Anyway, the worse one I ever got was from my FIL.... His response after we told him what was wrong with Bram (spelling it the best way I know how, to show his ignorant accent):

"Wull, watr ya'll gun do, just abowrt it?"

I was speechless.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #18
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I got pregnant with jacy, I told my mil I might be pregnant. She said I would be more surprised if you weren't pregnant. She then proceeded to tell me that we were careless. We are young but we have been together for 6 years!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #19
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdlane View Post
I hate it when people say "don't you know what causes that"???

oooooooooohh that's a good one, i've heard my mom complain about that one several times (when she was pregnant with me? or her fifth? i'm not sure )

so, here's a go at that one:

me: "we're pregnant with #2!!"

rude idiot: "don't you know what causes that?????"

me: "it could be the night after night of hot steamy sex....?"
OR
me: "NO, we don't. i was hoping YOU could explain it to me."

i'd die to hear their explanation!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #20
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote