View Poll Results: Have you tasted your breastmilk?
Ewww never! 34 18.28%
Yes, but it seemed weird. 43 23.12%
Occasionally, not sure why it would seem weird. 91 48.92%
Had it on my cheerios this morning! 3 1.61%
Other... 15 8.06%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #21
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you tasted your breastmilk?

I've never had my breastmilk. I'm not opposed to it but I've never had the occasion and never gone out of my way to taste it. DH just told me the other day "The last couple of times we've DTD, I tasted your milk. Is is supposed to be sweet?" Now, for my DH, this was a huge step because he's usually freaked out/grossed out by breastmilk. Don't ask me why, just the way he is. So for him to nonchalantly say that, I was impressed!

Advertisement

MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #22
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I do think it's weird but I have also tasted mine. It's sweet but I do not like sweets, so that can't be why it's sweet here hehe. I know with my first DD she was turned off to my breastmilk if I ate anything garlicy though. And now she LOVES spicey food, which I ate a lot of while breastfeeding, so I'm wondering if that's the reason she likes it still.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #23
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixb View Post
Either way I couldnt convince dd to drink it so I put a bit of chocolate in it so it wouldnt go to waste and she downed it!! hehehe Chocolate boob milk, does it get better than that????
I put ovaltine in my boob milk for my toddler She wont drink it plain for some reason, so I convince her with "hot chocolate"
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #24
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

yeah, i've tried mine on a few occasions. just curious - expressed a bit and tried it. i'm sure dh has gotten some as well since the bbs have never been offlimits during sex for us. however, he's never commented on it. i don't think it's weird.

i know there are actually programs to collect donated bm for adult chemo patients, etc. that have difficulty keeping food down.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #25
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ive tried mine a few times. A couple days after birth, it tasted very metallic. Now its on the sweet side...reminds me of soy milk a bit.

My hubby has tasted it to (to test bottle temp) and said "whoa, that is NAAAASSSSTY." LOL
Old 10-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #26
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have, but only once when my first daughter was a baby. I didn't think it was weird. I wouldn't drink it on purpose, but to me it's no big deal.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #27
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

I did -- I try anything I put in my kids mouths. With DS I pumped exclusively-- I had a bad batch of storage bags-- couldn't tell by looks but he was refusing to drink it. Sure enough, it tasted... off.

With DD... I weaned abruptly. My milk never tasted sweet, it always tasted bitter. I relactated a few months later, or tried. I'm barely producing anything-- I have the tiniest supply in the mornings and that's it and lately (since getting pregnant and then miscarrying) I've noticed a changed in taste.

DH... tasted it a lot during foreplay. Initially it horrified him-- in fact it wasn't until after I stopped pumping for DS that he didn't freak out if he got a little.

On a similar not, DS always knew BM from my pump and a bottle-- he refers to my breasts as "mommy's baby bottles." My guilt about BFing aside, he was more bothered by it than I ever expected.... we prepared him about her birth, how she'd breastfeed (gound a great book with illustrations of babies nursing)-- when I started to give her bottles he'd get so upset and tell me "No bottle-bottles! Ashy drink mommy baby bottles!" and try yanking my shirt up for her.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:56 AM   #28
ILuvLucia&Mia
Registered Users
seller

I've tasted it and it was extremely sweet!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #29
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive never tried it. it isnt EWWW to me, just something that doesnt appeal to me
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #30
kingdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine is very sweet, too. I don't drink it-drink it, but if it drips on my hand or something I lick it off because it's easier than grabbing a rag. No biggie, IMO. A local radio show was talking about BM one day and they were arguing about it and in the middle of the segment a woman showed up with a bottle of expressed milk. They made the guy DJ taste it and he said it tasted sweet, like the milk at the bottom of a cereal bowl. I think that's a pretty close comparison.
My frozen milk always smells and tastes different than the fresh, though. It's not bad or anything, just not as good.

JoJee Creations Custom pencil portraits and knitted goods
kingdink is offline   Reply With Quote