Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
EBentley
Registered Users

My Mood:
Daycare, so far, so good

DS has had 2 days of daycare so far. He ate well, slept well, seems happy there and home. He's home today and I'm keeping the schedule similar and it's going well.

Of course, the mom in me is still worried these seemingly nice people are secretly neglectful mean child abusers. B/c i am crazy. I'm on the lookout for something to be dissatisfied with, except that I really like working and I know in my heart that I'm simply paranoid.

Also, I've been trying to show him how to push a toy truck around and he doesn't get it. He watches an older kid do it once and suddenly he's pushing that truck back and forth nonstop.

Advertisement

EBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daycare, so far, so good

Glad it's off to a good start (even though you're worrying!). How old is your LO? My dd blossomed sooooo much during her 6 mos in daycare/pre-school this year. She started in January at 26 mos and it ended 3 weeks ago today. She learned so much from the other children as it is a mixed age room with the oldest having turned 6 this year.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
EBentley
Registered Users

My Mood:

9 months old this week. You can see how much he's changing already. I can't wait to see what else he does.
EBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad it's all going well. My ds didn't start daycare until he was almost 1 (my grandmother and FIL watched him while I was in nursing school). It was AMAZING to see how much he picked up from the other kids.

NOW that he's older, however, I CAN'T STAND some of the things he learns from other kids!!!