Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
spiritbear_momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
any mamas have a floating baby??not engaged in pelvis yet??

I am 38 weeks w/4th preg.,,being 5th baby as we have twins in middle,,,and feeling very sad,,as we have had 2 false labours thigns already,,,,,we live over 1 hour from hospital that is delivrying baby,,,and last week baby was engaged -2 in pelvis right on cervix,,,looked hopeful for delivry soon,,,,,,todays appt,,baby up a bit and not on cervix,,head inpelvis but not touching cervix,cervix closed a bit soft and no dilation I have had major cramps and sever BH for 2 weeks!!,,our labours never get worse till showtime of water breaking so hard to tell what is BH and real?? even after 4 pregos,,,

sorry to vent just scared as we delivry in 3 hours from start to finish,,,,why baby would be engaged and then float again,,,??

any other mamas have this happen??

Advertisement

spiritbear_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: any mamas have a floating baby??not engaged in pelvis yet??

I am not as far along as you are, 36 weeks and baby is still floating and it's driving me nuts! He's flipping all over the place!

Anyway, if your baby's head is down in the pelvis but not engaged do some squating exercises to help with the head. You can also sit on the floor, bringing your feet close to the middle of your body and have the bottoms of your feet touch and spend time like that maybe watching tv? That is called "Taylor sitting". The idea is to open your pelvis more to help baby engage.

Good luck!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #3
diane24
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm 36wks and this babe is down lower than my DD1 ever was but is not engaged. At least when I'm laying down being examined.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
joslin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 37 week floater, I have had no labor symptoms, cramping or BH and this is my first baby. It is making me feel like he's going to be late. Ugh. Every time he flips around I am afraid he is going breech, although he has been head down/anterior forever. I wonder what he will think when he comes out and finds out that heads point UP?
joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
srexrode
Registered Users
seller

This is my 8th baby. The baby is posterior, so I can't do deep squats to try to position it in my pelvis.
When I had my last baby, he was almost 4wks late. Even through the entire labor, his head was not engaged. (I had an excess of amniotic fluid, which cushioned his head from my cervix. So labor was slow, but not painful.) The mw broke my water after I was 10cm. She made me stand as soon as she knew the cord wasn't prolapsed and Baby was fine. His head quickly moved down and he was born shortly thereafter.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Bridget Riedell
Registered Users

My Mood:

I so know your frustration my dear

This has been the most frustrating and bizarre pregnancy yet for me. I am due with #4. I am 37 1/2 weeks, and good grief; what an ordeal. BH ALL the time. Lastnight, here I am sitting downstairs in our shower with my daughters and dog (shower not on) due to the Tornado warning. All of a sudden, the BH start; and I'm wondering if this is another false labor or the real deal? They were quite strong. After we came upstairs, they kept coming for hours, and it wasn't until I laid down to go to bed that they finally stopped. ERRRGGGGG!!!!!

I can't tell if the baby is engaged or not. I'm not thinking so. Baby seems to turn a lot. My appt. on Tuesday showed he wasn't yet, but that I'm 2 cm dialated and 70% effaced. Something, yes. However, I feel like these false labor episodes are going to drive me nuts. I want to tell those contractions; if you're going to be there; at least be the real deal
Bridget Riedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
knittingk
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm at 37 weeks (with baby #3) and baby has not dropped. Asked at my last appt and doctor said after 1st pregnancies some women do not have baby drop until active labor..At least baby is head down from what he could tell. We live about 45 minutes from hospital..
Wish I had labor of 3 hours..Mine are about 18 hours (second baby was no shorter that the first)..
knittingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #8
Dragonfly.momma
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom_2_3_girls

My Mood:

Sounds like we are going through the exact same thing. Pregnancy # 4 baby was engaged last week and now isn't. No dialation tons of false labour that isn't doing anything Hope baby comes soon for you momma

Dragonfly.momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #9
njbeachgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first baby floated till labor. This one has been engaged for a while. My midwife said for them to engage and then move back up is common in moms of 2+!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #10
spiritbear_momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

thank you mamas,,,,,it is hard to wait i think at this point for baby!! we have week to go and soft cervix still,,,no action as far as dialation or labour as of yesterday,,,so still waiting,,go figure,,last 2 pregos were babies by 37 week 4 day,,,,now almost 39 weeks,,,lol guess when we have grandparents waiting here at house,,as family lives far away,,baby is stubborn and does not want out now,,,,so BH continue and no show ,,,so hope soon,
spiritbear_momma is offline   Reply With Quote