Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2006, 06:12 AM   #1
gilbertkimber
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just a vent

I worked so hard to build up my 100% and gain trust and then all of a sudden, I get in this bad transaction and have to leave neg feedback and she retaliates and leaves me neg and the mods say it was justified. WEll, now, I cant sell anything. I get PM after PM of people questioning me about my items like I am scamming them or something. Then no one buys. I continue to buy items and I have plenty of pos FB after the neg, but still, no one wants to buy from me. WTH??? How do I gain my "approval" back? No one had a problem when I was 100%.

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Re: Just a vent

I think it will just take time. If you continue to get positive feedback, people won't notice that negative so much.

I don't think feedback should be removed. She had her reasons for leaving negative feedback as did you. Feedback is very important when you are doing business online. There would be no point in leaving honest feedback if people could petitition and have it removed.

Maybe offer a few items ffs to help build your selling feedback back up. You could get some positive selling feedback and people might be more willing to buy from you if it is a small amount.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
gilbertkimber
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I think it will just take time. If you continue to get positive feedback, people won't notice that negative so much.

I don't think feedback should be removed. She had her reasons for leaving negative feedback as did you. Feedback is very important when you are doing business online. There would be no point in leaving honest feedback if people could petitition and have it removed.

Maybe offer a few items ffs to help build your selling feedback back up. You could get some positive selling feedback and people might be more willing to buy from you if it is a small amount.
I have done 3 items FFS.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

maybe the stuff you are selling is not what ppl are looking for right now?

try not to worry lots of people don't eben look at the FB sadley enough!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:13 AM   #5
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

But I thought retaliatory feedback was not allowed. Color me confused. I actually followed the thread on this situation.
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #6
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

Not that I'm taking one side or the other on this one ... but why is it called retalitory feedback if it is something that is true?

I mean ... if someone screwed me over and I complained about them to the mods and everything, they get upset because I made such a stink about it and feel like it was a bad transaction. So they leave me negative feedback. If I go in and leave that person negative feedback (because I totally feel the transaction was bad too) why is that not allowed? As long as it isn't a lie or something like that ... I wouldn't consider it something that the mods should take down.

Just my

Smiles,
Cat

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #7
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraheartsherlittleone View Post
But I thought retaliatory feedback was not allowed. Color me confused. I actually followed the thread on this situation.

this seems like it is a he-said, she-said transaction......

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #8
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Retalitory feedback is NOT allowed - mods AND admin followed the situation and were in contact with both parties - got both stories and came to the consensus it wasnt retalitory.

Just because someone leaves feedback AFTER another person doesnt always mean its retalitory. If both parties had a negative experience then both parties should be able to leave appropraite feedback. Just as they would if it was positive feedback.

We cant go removing every single negative feedback left just because the other person happened to leave f/b after another person.

If they feel negative was justified then so be it.

Feedback is only removed in extreme cases. HTH the confused people out a little bit.

And, I'm not trying to hijack - just want everyone to be clear.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #9
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for clearing that up, Jena!

Last edited by Knittress; 10-03-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #10
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

I would buy from you! I feel bad now cuz I didn't. I honestly didn't buy the HHs from you cuz I wanted to try and find girly colors and I have:-)
If you have great ebay feedback, link that in your siggy! Ebay feedback, IMO, means a lot in terms of trust and being reputable.
love2bmom2chris is offline   Reply With Quote