Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any mamas in Moses Lake/Eastern WA?

We currently live in Western WA but DH's family lives in E. WA. He's been wanting to move there for awhile now but I always said no because my parents live here and my mom is pretty much my best friend and I could never take the boys away from her. But my dad is being relocated to San Diego so this may be an opportunity for us to move to Eastern Washington. We're looking at Moses Lake, but I've always wondered how happy I would be over there long term? Anybody live there or in the surrounding areas? Thoughts?

Advertisement

ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any mamas in Moses Lake/Eastern WA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm.thomas View Post
We currently live in Western WA but DH's family lives in E. WA. He's been wanting to move there for awhile now but I always said no because my parents live here and my mom is pretty much my best friend and I could never take the boys away from her. But my dad is being relocated to San Diego so this may be an opportunity for us to move to Eastern Washington. We're looking at Moses Lake, but I've always wondered how happy I would be over there long term? Anybody live there or in the surrounding areas? Thoughts?

I love it over here and there's a good group of us in Spokane - I know its still a good drive from Moses, but we are here .

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=444579
Old 07-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

I was just in Moses Lake last weekend. It's HOT over there in the summer but you get 4 seasons on this side of the mountains.
I reside in Spokane and have met some great mamas from here and we now hang out at least once a week with the park playdates.

I grew up in Odessa Wa which is about an hour away from Moses Lake and we would either go there or Spokane for major grocery shopping. The area has grown tremendously so I am not sure what there is to do there now except we camp over there in the RV with my IL's.

Fairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
sibergirlblue
Registered Users
seller

Hi

I live in Moses Lake. It's lotsa fun here if you like to do stuff outdoors in the summer. Boating, fishing hunting. etc We even have a natural baby store..that sells some limited CDing stuff. The winter gets kinda boring for momma's with little ones. Not many places to hang out....but there are some pretty active Mom's Groups, and Library Group...we keep eachother sane. The mom's group also has lots of Mom's that are from the west side.

I grew up over there too. Went to high school in Marysville.

The are is growing like crazy though..so who knows what it will be like in a few years. We just got a Lowe's store and rumour is we are getting an Applebees too. Now we just need a target and costco...And we wouldn't have to make any trips out of town. For Major shopping we head to Tri-cities or Wenatchee.

Anyway, If you get into town send me a message.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
greenlady
Registered Users
seller

Wow...I'm so excited now, I'll be moving to Moses Lake next month. It is nice to hear that people CD there.
greenlady is offline   Reply With Quote