Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
SEMama2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Advice on getting started? (long)

I want DS to pottylearn when he is ready but is there any way I can gently nudge him forward?

I never have gotten DS fully converted to cloth and I'm about to give up on him altogether. His poop is so foul and disgusting and I don't get grossed out by baby poop easily. DH refuses to change his poopy dipes at all anymore because they are so bad. Its almost impossible to get them clean and disposable liners just get all bunched up and don't help.

He has had a potty for over a year and pooped on it once by "accident" about a year ago, then refused to go anywhere near his potty for about six months. Now, he will sit on it occasionally to get a cookie, but nothing produced.

Is there anything I can do to make him want to use the potty?

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
2scoops
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Advice on getting started? (long)

I have had other Mamas say that getting this guid has gotten their kids potty trained in 3 days, but you HAVE TO DO IT FOR 3 DAYS! www.easypottytraining.com

I'm going to try it with my twins, or have DH do it with them since I'm having our baby next week.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
SEMama2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks, I will definately check that out. Good luck with your new baby!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
maren
Registered Users
seller

I have not heard of those 3 day gimmicks working but it cant really hurt IMO I would talk it up with him, go buy him some undies and stuff have a special potty toy that he can play with while he is sitting on the potty make a chart that he can put a sticker on every time he actually goes on the potty than after X amount of times he gets a new toy or something.
But ya talk it up and make a big deal when he goes on it and when he has an accident dont make a big deal just remind him that he needs to use the potty.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Advice on getting started? (long)

o no this sounds crazy but my DS learned by pp ing outside he saw his uncle do it so we did that a couple times then he said wow i can go to the potty hey it worked
Old 07-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
luvin4kidz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusheez View Post
o no this sounds crazy but my DS learned by pp ing outside he saw his uncle do it so we did that a couple times then he said wow i can go to the potty hey it worked
That is so funny-my oldest son learned the exact same way, uncle and everything! We lived in the country and he chalenged him to see who could "shoot" further . The next time he bet him that he couldn't hit what he aimed at and then happened to mention the real tough target that he was sure he couldn't hit-the potty. My son just had to prove his uncle wrong and would tell him every time he saw him after that about all the times he hit that potty and didn't even miss!