Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: My Pediatrician got HOSTILE!

Find a new ped. This won't be the end of it. I had a doctor for ds that supposedly was onboard with delaying until 2 (even though I was still on the fence about vaxing at all...I've since made the decision not to vax)...anyway, by ds's 4 month appt she was already changing her tune and really pressure me to vax at the 6 month appt. I found a doctor that respects the fact that we're the parents and ultimately I and dh are solely entrusted with ds's care and well-being, so we have to do what we think is in his best interests. They don't have to agree with not vaxing, but I think a good doctor isn't intimidated by parents who disagree with them.

kalb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #22
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
My Mood:

BTDT. Same kind of practice too - a million different peds, you can never get the same one. Fortunately, thats a "backup" if I'm ever unable to get an appt with our regular can always get an appt with some doctor there.

Not only did we get a lot of baloney advice on why my son had such serious issues with his penis that he needed to be circ'd (he's perfectly fine btw )....but, the doc had the nerve to hand me a piece of paper to sign (concerning not vaxing) to acknowledge that I am endangering the life of my child I shoved it back at her and said forget that....I won't acknowledge it because it isn't even remotely true.

If you're ever given grief about not vaxing or made to feel like a moron....make sure that doctor knows that you are a heck of a lot more well read than half the parents who waltz in there and have their babies injected without ever giving it a minutes consideration.

When it comes to the medical community, "facts" are subjective With enough effort, anyone can backup their story or create statistics - 4 out of 5 people know that (). Who's "facts" is he suggesting you read? lol

Taking a break to focus on God & family

Last edited by MamaJo; 10-03-2006 at 10:20 PM.
MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by romans_mum View Post
I say it, because IMO if you have a certain belief for your family IE not eating meat, or not vaxing, then it is a personal religious belief. You don't have to be part of a religious organization to have it.
Yep, I agree completely.

I was commenting more on the idea of 'playing a religious card' in order to be respected. It is a personal belief - maybe a personal religious belief, maybe not. Let's say your a vegetarian. You may be a vegetarian b/c of religious beliefs or maybe for other reasons, same with vaxing or really any other choice/decision. It just seems to me that the public will respect it more if you put the magical 'religious' tag in front of it. kwim?
SAHM to 4 children 3 and under

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #24
Registered Users

I kinda see both dies. he sees bad stuff, and clearly believes what he says. I dont think he is trying to harm your child, but he should respect your right to choose. whether he lieks it or not, it is your child and your decision. that said, im in k-town with you. I love our pedi. I asked her about vax, and she called me and spoke with me for a long time and then sent me some information. I know her position, but she was very respectful of my concerns. Who are you seeing?
Sunny mom to Braylen, Kyan, & Kynsie BBG Triplets 11/06/05
sunshinebabies3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #25
Registered Users

I think the doctors forget that they are working for you and you are paying them. Someone who takes the time to delay or not vax at all, is generally going to be someone who has taken the time to look into the issue, and doesn't need a big lecture on stuff she has already heard.

I got a big lecture from a hospital ped. for not getting Vit. K shot for my daughter. He wasn't going to change my mind so I don't know why he bothered. He gave me this lecture in from of my husband and my parents. I wasn't happy about it. Not only that, but I had just had a baby and really didn't want to get all worked up over this, I just wanted to enjoy being a mommy.

My general practice doctor is fine with whatever you choose to do. It makes my life so less stressful not having to worry about what they think about these personal choices. I think doctors should stick to helping sick children. I was tempted not to take my son in for his 2 year appt. because he wasn't sick, I just didn't see the point, but I did go anyway, and of course, he was fine.

tmaue is offline   Reply With Quote