Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #31
KiMayaMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok, WHY don't you VAX?

My friends baby girl was killed by the Hep B vaccine at 2 days old in the hospital. This sent me into a tailspin of research on vaccinations and ultimately led to my decision to not vax my children. Read "What your doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave and "Vaccines are they really safe and effective?" by Neil Z. Miller. Also check out the vaccination forum and archives and read read read over at mothering.com

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=47

Advertisement

KiMayaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #32
KiMayaMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna_L View Post
Does anyone have links or articles that they would consider recommended reading when deciding whether or not to vax? I've found it difficult to locate objective literature on the subject.

Thanks!
The vaccination issue is very heated. You might not find "objective info" because the people who have actually educated themselves on the subject are going to have a strong opinion one way or the other. My advice is to educate yourself on both sides of the story, no matter how biased a source may seem, then ask yourself which side has a motive to mislead you.
KiMayaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #33
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiMayaMama View Post
The vaccination issue is very heated. You might not find "objective info" because the people who have actually educated themselves on the subject are going to have a strong opinion one way or the other. My advice is to educate yourself on both sides of the story, no matter how biased a source may seem, then ask yourself which side has a motive to mislead you.
I think a very good source book for information is What your Doctor May Not tell you about Childhood Vaccinations
There is a LOT of information in it about each vaccine, how it was created, what it is made of, why it was invented, who should aget it, who doesn't need it, etc. I believe everyone should read this to become better informed.
http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/bo...sbn=0446677078
Old 10-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #34
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have not been able toocate single tetanus. But after doing a great deal of research I would not use it if I did. Tetanus is the number one least effective vax available. Why you may ask? Well originally when tetanus vax was brought to market it was very strong. But they had a problem with people getting temporary and permanent nerve damage from the injections. So they watered it down. Still had problems so they watered it down again. By the time they got it to where most people weren't reacting it was so week most scientist agreed that it wouldn't be effective. I had a reaction to the tetanus vax as a child. After recieving it before begining school at age five my leg went numb and felt like it was asleep for a week. But of course my mother thought nothing of it. I have never had another dose. If your child were to get an injury that was at risk for tetanus (and no matter what the fear mongers tell you tetanus is quite rare) even if vaccinated they would be given a tetanus toxoid shot at the hospital (this is like the rhogam shot it is the blood and antibodies from some one who had a reaction to tetanus). No one ever wonders why they do this, but it is because the vax itself is no better than poisoned water.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #35
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My issue boils down to the fact that before we had vaccinations thousands upon thousands of infants and children died every year from these diseases. It was basically survival of the fittest. I'm not taking the chance that my child may not be one of the ones genetically programmed to survive one of these diseases.

However, I do think that they give far too many vaccinations at once and THAT can contribute to causing autism and the like. Kind of what urchin said, some kids may be predispositioned to it and the vaxes push them over.

Jackson got his 2 month shots, my giving into DH and the doc. He hasn't had any since. But I'm calling tomorrow to get him in next week to get his second dose of Hib & IPV.

Stephanie Cave's book is WONDERFUL! Just be careful at MDC, while I'm sure there is some great information, I was scared into not vaxing my son for a long time by false information and scare tactics. Just because someone says it, doesn't mean it's true. You REALLY have to look into every claim yourself to be sure.

I think it's a family by family thing. I would personally never take the risk of not vaxing my son. I will be doing it at a much slower rate than the CDC recommends, but he will have most of the vaxes at least (looking into CP and Prevnar still). We live on a college campus, so DS is more apt to catch things than a child who lives somewhere else. Of course, there will be some families who think giving vaccinations is too risky.

Good luck!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #36
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know something, Vaccination was really never something I thought Twice about. It's not something I thought about. It's not something that I weighed the pros and cons of.. It's something i knew I just would never do. I've seen Vaccination Reactions in my own family. I'm not going to risk it.

My Opinion only.. People put way too much stock in vaccinations working, and Doctors telling the truth about what he really is injecting your child with.
Did you know that Most of the kids that were hit with these mealses a couple months ago were Vaccinated? Do you know that alot of the people I talk to that either weren't vaccinated or didn't vaccinate thier child got nothing but a couple itchy spots when they got chickenpox? (including me)

Do you know that Vaccines like Polio came out only AFTER the Decline in polio Started?

Do I believe Vaccines don't do anything but give the parents a false Sense of Hope? I do. I've seen enough kids be Vaccinated for nothing to make me see what I feel is the truth.

Not to mention if you ever got ahold of what vaccines had in them, you would probably think twice. Nothing i would feed my child, so i'm not going to inject my child with it either. I'll pass on the monkey kidney cells and the aborted babies anyday and that's not even mentioning the worst ones..

I feel doctors push vaccines on ya because most of them have been brainwashed too. asking them any questions always leads to Vaccines are safe.

The article in american baby is a bunch of BS. (I read it) how do you think you get those magazines for free? That magazine is sponsered by places that make Things like Medicene and Vaccines. Of course they are going to put a article in there about how un safe vaccines are.
They are also adding 300 formula ads a day not to mention other meds. Look closer sometime.
(BTW not bashing formula or meds, I'm just saying it's why it has these kinds of articles) I can bet you 100's of people wrote in about that artile cut they won't put their thoughts in that mag, they don't want people thinking anything different.

I really don't care what people do with thier own children. All i want to see if that people would do some research on the topic before just going in there and injecting thier child with a bunch of stuff that don't even know anything about.

Doctors and Media are there to make you think that if you don't get the vaccines for whatever the newest one out is, that your child will Die.. or be put in the hospital close to death. That's not the case. That's why people believe that. If you don't do the research yourself to find out how dangerous the dieases are, not to mention Rare, then you really don't know the truth.

I can tell you one thing.. I'm ALOT more scared of the vaccines than the Dieases.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:10 AM   #37
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to add that alot of time these vax don't even work, I was completely vaccinated. For everything. Got chicken pox not only once but TWICE! Don't really remember either time, didn't get very sick at all, was out of school for maybe a week. My brothers both got Chicken Pox too. same thing. My mom was vaccinated and has gotten Ruebella and Mumps, chicken pox. So proof positive that they do not always work. So what is the point, honestly? If most kids get these things anyway, why inject them with stuff that only God knows could be dangerous? I'm furious with myself for allowing a nurse in the NICU to walk over me and give her the Hep B shot, I didn't want her to have it, she was only 5 days old and we were fixing to travel back home at least 3 hours away (we were evacuated due to Hurricane Rita and my dd "needed" 5 days antibiotics, which is a whole other story) I was afraid of any reaction but she told me I couldn't leave with my daughter if she didnt' get it. Why do they lie to you? In my Opinion, God gave us instincts and for a reason, everytime she would get shots, all of my motherly alarms went off, I hated it, the whole thing. I didn't want to do it but was led to believe that I "had" to. No more!
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #38
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsiemomma View Post
In my Opinion, God gave us instincts and for a reason, everytime she would get shots, all of my motherly alarms went off, I hated it, the whole thing. I didn't want to do it but was led to believe that I "had" to. No more!
Same thing here, I remember each time I signed the paper for the vax's, all alarms went off inside my head and I pushed those feelings aside, each time
Old 10-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #39
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy View Post
Same thing here, I remember each time I signed the paper for the vax's, all alarms went off inside my head and I pushed those feelings aside, each time
Yep, same here. I'm having a very, very hard time getting over the guilt of allowing dr's to override my maternal instincts.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #40
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsiemomma View Post
Just wanted to add that alot of time these vax don't even work, I was completely vaccinated. For everything. Got chicken pox not only once but TWICE! Don't really remember either time, didn't get very sick at all, was out of school for maybe a week. My brothers both got Chicken Pox too. same thing. My mom was vaccinated and has gotten Ruebella and Mumps, chicken pox.
I think the chicken pox vax is actually relatively new (like last 7yrs), so you probably did not have that one. I know I didn't. Part of why it just makes no sense to me that they even have it! It is NOT a deadly or dangerous disease... it just takes kids out of school (oh, how horribly inconvenient!).

Still the majority of cases of all these diseases today occur in people who have been vaccinated against them. Not only that but of the ones who get it (both vaxxed and non-vaxxed) the ones who usually get it worse are also the ones who have been vaxxed. Tell me again why I want these shots??
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote