Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #41
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok, WHY don't you VAX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom View Post
I think the chicken pox vax is actually relatively new (like last 7yrs), so you probably did not have that one. I know I didn't. Part of why it just makes no sense to me that they even have it! It is NOT a deadly or dangerous disease... it just takes kids out of school (oh, how horribly inconvenient!).

Still the majority of cases of all these diseases today occur in people who have been vaccinated against them. Not only that but of the ones who get it (both vaxxed and non-vaxxed) the ones who usually get it worse are also the ones who have been vaxxed. Tell me again why I want these shots??
hmmm I dunno, my mother told me I did.....but then again she had 3 kids to take care of so maybe she got confused.

Advertisement

Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #42
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I think the chicken pox vax is actually relatively new (like last 7yrs), so you probably did not have that one. I know I didn't. Part of why it just makes no sense to me that they even have it! It is NOT a deadly or dangerous disease... it just takes kids out of school (oh, how horribly inconvenient!).
It was brand spankin' new when Tiffany turned 1 and she's 11 so it's at least 10 years old.

IMO. ALL vax's are relatively new in the human existance and we are yet the guinea pigs. When one vax fails by way of damage or death, another is produced and deemed "safe" by the FDA. Same nonsense goes for prescription drugs. Look at how many drugs you hear about in the news, with deadly side-effects or even simiply damaging side-effects. The FDA pulls it and quickly will replace it with something else that will be pulled after it damages or kills enough people.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #43
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I looked it up and it wasn't approved for use in the US until at least late 95. I remembered it still being fairly new when I had my first baby in 2000.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #44
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I looked it up and it wasn't approved for use in the US until at least late 95. I remembered it still being fairly new when I had my first baby in 2000.

Yup, she turned 1 in June of '96 so it was super new.

There was also one other brand spankin' new vax that I allowed her to be shot up with that got banned Kids were getting sick with it and it was a 3 part vax and she got the first one, 2 months later I took her back to get the next one and they said it was banned. Why the HECK didn't I know this?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #45
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That kind of thing just makes me for ever giving them to my kids! Like WHY was I so dumb? We just didn't realize we had a choice!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #46
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
We just didn't realize we had a choice!
Exactly!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #47
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiMayaMama View Post
The vaccination issue is very heated. You might not find "objective info" because the people who have actually educated themselves on the subject are going to have a strong opinion one way or the other. My advice is to educate yourself on both sides of the story, no matter how biased a source may seem, then ask yourself which side has a motive to mislead you.
EXACTLY!!! This is what I was coming to say. I just wasn't going to say it quite so eloquently.

As for me- I have always known that I wouldn't vax. My main reason? I am not vaxed. My mom was ahead of the curve on some things, I think- vaxes being a big one. It was easier back then to get exemptions for not vaxing, too. Go figure.

I have never been sick- really sick- in my life. I did get a VERY mild case of both Chicken Pox and Measles, which I am greatful for. My mom exposed me intentionally. I catch a cold every 3 or 4 years, that lasts a day or two, but other than that, nothing. No infections, no flu, I have never had a stomach virus in my life. I don't know if I can contribute the biggest percentange of my extraordinary health to my not being vaxed, but I can't help but feel that vaxing me would have been "fixing it if it ain't broke" in a way.

In my own extended family I have seen the devastating effects vaccines can have on perfectly healthy, normal children, and there is no way, having seen this first hand, I will risk exposing my precious baby to something that could permanently change him.

I have read the debates, the literature- both sides- and I know that I am making the right choice. The facts are out there, we just have to wade through a bunch of b.s. and hype (on both sides) to find them.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #48
hobbes
Registered Users
seller

Well think about this...We are told not to feed our babies food until 6 months, and then start one at a time for several days. They say this so that IF the baby has a reaction they know which food it was. Now look at what they say about vaccines...Start at hours old with HepB (cuz so many of our babies promiscuous drug users ), then at 8 weeks do multiple injections with multiple vaccines in each...If your child was to have a reaction to the vaccine how would anyone know which vaccine caused the reaction?

Yes *MOST* vaccines contain mercury even if it is in "trace" amounts. FDA allows drug companies to label vaccines mercury free even if there are trace amounts. Look at the other ingredients aluminum, ethyl glycol (used in anti-freeze), formaldehyde (known carcinogen) the list goes on.

Many of the diseases we vax against were once common childhood illnesses ie: chickenpox, measles, mumps, rubella. Our immune systems are built to combat these diseases. Vaccines do not give lifetime immunity, most diseases we vax for do.

I do not trust the FDA, CDC, and drug companies as they are all in bed together. If you would like references to this effect let me know.

If you have any other question please let me know.
hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #49
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

I second the book by Stephanie Cave. Also, the mothering.com vaccinations forum has great info.
ndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #50
Brenda
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I don't go by the autism thing at all. I have never vaxed my children before they were 2 yrs old because it freaks me out that my babies are injected with the actual diseases. Just doesn't sound right to me and I don't want to be in that small percentage of children who get the diseases or have side effects. It's not worth it to me. I wait until they are older, when their immune systems are stronger, and only allow the vaccines that I choose at the times that I want. I'm their mother and I choose what I want in my children's bodies, nobody else decides for me.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote